• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dan's cut

So I've been really focusing on getting stronger and have had a calorie intake to support performance..
However, I've put on a little more than needed, so I'll go on a bit of a cut, not long, 6 weeks give or take!!

Like most in here I'll focusing on calories and macronutrients and micronutrients, rather than food types and meal times!!

I will be consuming 1900 calories a day, with minimums for protein 110g and fat 55g, remainder will be mostly CHO and protein..

Every 4th day I'll consume 2900 calories..

I'll also be watching very closely that training performance doesn't drop, I should be fine given the amount of high days and the shorter length of cut

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368781975.212205.jpg

Fibre is low, as I don't bother logging most veges, that's just me, that's how I find it easier and seems less tedious..
I supplement with fibre and eat plenty of fruit, veg/salad, so it won't be an issue

1900 cals is low. Why so low?

Maintenance is about 2500

There's a few things I don't log, morning coffee and veges, so I kinda allow for that, plus with the high day every 4th day it'll even out..
Also I bump it back up to 2100-2200 in 2-3 weeks
It's kinda just a number I've had good results with before

Ok. But you should log veggies too. They are cals after all.

Yeah eat 1kg sweet potato and don't log it. That what I would end up doing.

Even a bowl of green veggies will add up to around 100 calories which adds up.

The only thing I don't bother with is salad because it barely adds up to 10 calories even with a heap of salad. Count the dressings though.

Ok. But you should log veggies too. They are cals after all.

I'm aware of them, it's just a pain in the arse logging them in MFP
I'll log all calorie dense veggies, such as potatoes, but I'm not gona bother with things like lettuce and tomatoes
If I was going in a show, it might be necessary, but for most people, simply tracking will do the job

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368863447.832846.jpg

Had a working bee at the ski site today, so a few of my cals went to some pretty tidy homemade brownies!!!
Which meant the rest of the day was made up by a caramilsed cap and a slice of banana bread (weekly Saturday breaky with my little daughter)and 2 scoops of whey, which left me pretty hungry, but I had room for a good dinner

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368951662.575685.jpg

With dinner I had salad, and a bowl of steamed spinach and broccoli (ewww) plus my normal glass of psyllium husk..
So fibre would have been sufficient as always, there's just a few things I can't be arsed tracking, green veg and salad is one of them!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369208001.967279.jpg

Had subway for dinner, I don't really even like that shit..
But lunch was epic, 2 sandwiches, with spinach and rocket, plus last nights left over taco mince, all toasted up...

Would take a photo, but if the boys at work catch me doing that I'd get hit over the head with a bit of timber

It's 10:54

I've already had 1309 kcal..
Today might be tough!!

66 fat
156 cho

Looks like I'm living off whey and chicken breast till tomorrow

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369293012.712380.jpg

Was pretty serious about the chicken and whey

This will leave me 2 scoops of whey and a small bowl of ice cream for after gym

Be flexible but strict!!!
No the chicken twisties were not worth it at all....

Yes vege bags get counted, all I don't really count is actually salad stuff- lettuce tomato cumcumber etc, and spinach and rocket...
Plus the 65 cal from my mocha sachet

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369308574.868109.jpg

Got home, and pregnant wife has smashed all the low fat ice cream in the freezer... I was thinking about it the whole session hahaha

There's nothing really in the house that will stay under my intakes, so ill just settle there for today, I wouldn't stress about being 100 over, so I won't about being 100 under