• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Difference between EZ Curl and Super Ez Curl bar - Tricep work/Skull crushers

Figjam Brah

Srs feels brah
Hey guys, was wondering what the difference would be between an Ez curl and a Super Ez curl bar. I want to begin doing a lot more tricep work, was thinking skull crushers. One seems like a 'Z' the other an 'S', but not sure why lol, I know there meant to easier on wrists when bro curling.

Could someone tell me what both bars are mainly meant to be used for. and what they were designed for.

Also anyone know of the quality between these bars, there's a a fair difference in price.

Olympic Ezy Curl Bar Bonus spring collar
Olympic Super Curl Bar Bonus Screw Collars

Barbells - Olympic Barbell, Olympic E Z Curl Bar
Barbells - Olympic Barbell, 48" Olympic Super E Z Curl Bar

Thanks, hope that made sense lol..

I've got the ez curl bar from world fitness. No complaints at all and l use it for curls and LTE's. Never used a 'super' curl though

Don't waste your money when a straight bar will suffice, you are not going to get a significant benefit from it that is worth the cost. EZ curls are also not very good for bicep work due to the hand placement.

As Dave pointed out, for biceps you're better off with a straight bar however, for tricep extensions the EZ curl bar may be a better choice.

I like the EZ bar for curls and skull crushers. Skull crushers on a straight bar play havoc with my shoulder, ditto for pullovers. I have tried the super ez bars in a few different gyms over the years and hated them. One thing I noticed is if they have a few in the gym people will always grab the normal ez bars before they grab the super ez's.

Negative, just tried the same hand placement twice and got the same results. Might try slightly narrower if you think that may be different.
A wide hand placement will put more stress on the elbow joint, experiment with narrower grips to see where it's most comfortable

I don't believe it's the actual exercise that causes these issues, but more it's a certain combination of exercises and it's the ezcurl that cops the blame

Bicep curls and skullcrushers are what I am aiming to do. When I curl with a straight bar, I also get a weird feeling on my elbow, tried a few different(slight) grips.

Don't know how I'd go trying to use a 7ft barbell for skullcrushers, would be pretty unco. Planned to be doing them behind me head(between bench and ground) not over my head, I think thats meant to be better for the shoulders.

I thought super EZ bars looked a bit too spastic to be used a lot lol.

Bicep curls and skullcrushers are what I am aiming to do. When I curl with a straight bar, I also get a weird feeling on my elbow, tried a few different(slight) grips.

Don't know how I'd go trying to use a 7ft barbell for skullcrushers, would be pretty unco. Planned to be doing them behind me head(between bench and ground) not over my head, I think thats meant to be better for the shoulders.

I thought super EZ bars looked a bit too spastic to be used a lot lol.

Just use the normal ez curl bar then, i've had no problems at all with either exercise... Also fat gripz are a winner with it as well.

Yeah I think I'll get one and maybe a dip add on for my rack.

Gonna get a foam roller off ebay lol...

are Fat gripz those things that go over the bar, meant to help forearm growth right?

I have both bars, the super bar is mad for 21's and crushers, the z bar I just use for upright rows lol