• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

early morning trainers

bradsky

do I even lift?
Ok,

I will soon be training early in the morning,

At the moment one of my biggest meals is breakfast, it usually goes like this;

3 eggs
3 egg whites
100g cottage cheese
1 large wholemeal bread wrap
50g ham
tomato and bbq sauce
coffee

now, I don't know if I can train straight after this meal, and I don't eat much during the day.

So my question is, what are some Ideas for a filling delicious breakfast I can have after gym and before I get in my car and drive to work.

I guess I could just chuck all that into a tupperware container and eat it semi hot, but any other ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I work out at 5.00am, finished anywhere from 6-7.00 to get home and have breakfast. Could you get up 15-20 mins earlier and get home to eat breakfast, then go to work?

Can't see how training would be great on a full stomach.

I wake, have a multivitamin, 30g of WPI in water, cup of coffee, and half a litre of water or more. 45 minutes after waking I'm training. Have breakfast AFTER workout.

I work out at 5.00am, finished anywhere from 6-7.00 to get home and have breakfast. Could you get up 15-20 mins earlier and get home to eat breakfast, then go to work?

Can't see how training would be great on a full stomach.

it's about a 10 minute drive, but company car & fuel. so maybe.

Drink your breakfast.

Put all that shit into a blender and drink in the car. :D

ha, I think I'll skip that option. too much prep work to go and blend it. damn I enjoy my runny egg yolks :(

I wake, have a multivitamin, 30g of WPI in water, cup of coffee, and half a litre of water or more. 45 minutes after waking I'm training. Have breakfast AFTER workout.

that's what I'm leaning towards, I really don't care what I have for breaky as long as it doesn't cost too much, and keeps me filled up.

ie. if I have weet-bix I'm hungry after a couple of hours.

2 scoops protein
2 scoops oats
400ml milk
1 banana

Blend the night before so the oats are soft. Banana thickens the whole thing to keep the oats suspended instead of settling at the bottom.

I run my oats through a mix master thing so they are pretty fine

Seriously try it, I think it's 800ish cals can be drunk in 5 minutes and fkn awesome. I swear by it.

I make it in litre batches so you are only doing it every 2 days and its like 5 minutes,which is quicker than cooking what you were before

I train 5am, empty stomach, then eat later often not till 12, you'll be right, if your worried about dat dere catabolism, have a brotein shake post, and pack a few eggs or something..
You'll adjust

I train at 5am and eat 8 weetbix with a banana. Also a coffee mixed with Gatorade (cold water). Sounds gross but is ok.
Have my calorie packed shake in the car on the way to work.
That works for me anyway. I'm used to eating before training. ?
View attachment 6437

had a few sessions so far,

30g WPC, 30g Dextrose, 200mg caffeine, D-AsparticAcid + Creatine.

had heaps of energy.

just have to wait till I start work to see how long it takes me to get hungry afterwards.

cheers again

Since im back on the early shift, I found it was something you just had to get up and do.
Get a few early non training mornings in first as a practice drill then get into the real thing.
Have foods, clothes, drinks organised the night before so all the tedious bits are done!
Brekky on the run.
Done.

im a noob but shouldnt first meal have way more carbs for energy? seems like OP is having a ton of fats. I train 6am takes me 30min to get to gym if i eat mainly a carb meal with little fat and a protein shake little milk, I dont feel sick during training but maybe thats just me or the 30minutes is enough time for it to settle.

Last edited:
im a noob but shouldnt first meal have way more carbs for energy? seems like OP is having a ton of fats. I train 6am takes me 30min to get to gym if i eat mainly a carb meal with little fat and a protein shake little milk, I dont feel sick during training but maybe thats just me or the 30minutes is enough time for it to settle.
The meals you had the day before would be supplying the energy.

Lately I have been hitting BN NOX3 and then working out, have a massive breaky afterwards and happy days.
If I am feeling hungry before hitting the gym then just have some fruit usually.