• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

early morning trainers

If you are really stretched for time then look for a protein powder with some carbs in it - and then add some powered oats from BN -

Fine Powdered Oats

Not sure if Bulk Nutrients Muscle Food has any carbs/higher cals in it - cant find the nut info

Mix this with 500ml full fat milk and have acouple of big spoonfuls of peanut butter and away you go.

I like Real Gains for a mid-range gainer -

Universal Nutrition Real Gains Protein Powder

Not a huge fan of "gainers" but if peoples goals are size and they struggle with time they can be worth the money

In all seriousness, if you have done complex carbs the night before an early AM sesh, you will have enough stored glycogen to get through a sesh. I'd just have some BCAA before and during training. And no, you won't lose size.

I never eat before training as I nearly always train early mornings - the most I will have is a coffee then a big meal/protein shake afterwards.

I'll be joining early morning training soon. I'll be cutting for summer, and I'll have to fit my cardio in somewhere.
Likely a fasted walk or small amount of HITT.

I'll be joining early morning training soon. I'll be cutting for summer, and I'll have to fit my cardio in somewhere.
Likely a fasted walk or small amount of HITT.

Your body gets used to the early mornings pretty quick.
If it means going to bed a bit earlier, then so be it.
Love the morning training. I usually do them on an empty stomach or just a banana and some water. Breakfast and post workout shake consumed afterwards.