• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eric Spoto 327.5kg (722lbs) Bench Press World Record

Yeah
inb4 shitloads of complains about shitty judging, his foot moving, etc

Could be video lag, but he pressed about half a second before the press call, foot moved, spotter blocking head judge etc.

I'd be seriously pissed if that took my all time record. Not taking away from the fact that it is a huge press, but that's some pretty shitty judging.

That awkward moment when someone benches more than you can deadlift

lol, this...

And what Scott said. Still an amazing feat of strength and more of a pause than Mendy's.

How long before that Russian has a go. Sirill or whatever his name is?

Still a better lift than Mendy's 715...

So just because the last record was shit that every subsequent lift is allowed to devolve such that a meet lift is allowed no different than a youtube lift? Ill say the same about andy boltons first 1003 deadlift. He got an early down command and never locked it out. every other pull he stands there and holds it so there's no doubt but his 1003, impressive as it was, shouldn't have counted.

They redlighted Rahman 660lb bench because the bar was tilted 4 degrees on the way up

Whats that got to do with spotto's bench legitimacy lol

I think his bench was legitimate I just disagree that it would be white lighted in every fed. The pause was so-so, his foot moved and the spotter was in the way of the head judge. Personally I don't give a fuck about any of this but other feds do

There is no such thing in any rule book as a pause.... It states, even in the IPF, motionless. Which it was...... No matter how brief.

The foot slip could be missed in any fed, I've attended PA comps where a BIG record was broken on the bench with his head up AND a dip into the chest after the press call.... Mistakes happen.

The spotter should have moved, he should have been red-lighted for that, but Im talking about the actual bench, not the technicalities.

6. The bar must pause on the chest and the lifter must wait for the Head Judge to give the “PRESS” command before beginning moving the bar upward towards the LOCKED OUT position.

Anyway I'm not going to discuss this further as it's pretty frivolous. I don't even think it's illegitimate lol