• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eric Spoto 327.5kg (722lbs) Bench Press World Record

^ his elbows weren't locked out at the start or end of the lift, surprised that passed in the IPF...

How do they measure this?

Beats me. It's not in the technical rules, just in a guide I was given. The example of 15 is probably about what you see in Cieri's bench. The example of 5 looked completely straight. Not too many judges are that forgiving and expect completely locked elbows. I suppose someone more experienced than myself could clarify better.

Reminds me of the argument regarding torso angle in the squat that occurred here ~12 months ago

But I digress,
Nice bench Eric

All subjective unfortunately. The pause is barely perceptible in my opinion, if there at all. It passed in Spoto's fed but considering the pauses used in these WR attempts I highly doubt it would pass in the IPF. I only bring this up now because we are arguing the definition of IPF rules.
Dennis Cieri NAPF 2012 Championships World Record Bench Presses - YouTube

How is it subjective?

Its objective....

You must have the bar motionless....... Which it was. Thats your objective.

The length of time is irrelevant.

If the rule book stated that the bar must be motionless for 1 second I'd agree with you.... But it doesnt.

I cant possibly see how the rule can be subjective.

The bar is in contact with the chest for a while but it doesn't look "motionless" to me