• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Experiences with Wendlers 5/3/1

After 2 months I could barely get 2 reps out at weights that were lighter than my 5RM's from 2 weeks prior to starting the program. If I recall correctly, it was even worse for my overhead press - I think I was barely getting 3 reps at my former 8RM. My strength was going backwards and I couldn't even justify adding 2.5kg to the training 1RM - what's the point if you can't get the reps? Pretty sure no groundwork was being laid, I was just getting weaker.

Grahomaoahoam, I remember calculating how long it'd take to get to your original 1RM on the program once upon a time, and I think I came to the conclusion that 4 cycles would be the bare minimum. So yeah, 16+ weeks sounds about right.

It sounds as if there was some other underlying problem there. I highly doubt that the program caused you to get weaker.

eh, been thinking about jumping on 5x5 madcows for 3-6 months to milk any linear progression i have left and then 5/3/1. Workout looks boring as fuck and only 3 times a week but yea, dunno lol.

Last edited: