• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Favourite equipment/gear?

Ok calm down guys, read the posts, I'm just defending lightly why I like kettlebells, and why I like them as someone said they are a fad, and why they are good for my life over a serious weightlifting routine, kettlebells probably won't help get you to PB's and would probably send most lifters backwards in gains and that's what I am saying that with my routine and time for exercise is spent keeping it functional and that I enjoy swinging kettlebells. Nothing wrong with the kettlebell in keeping the body maintained.

I hear the word 'functional' so often these days, yet still have no idea what it's supposed to mean.

My Do-Win weightlifting shoes are my fav thing in the world right now. Could never get to a proper below parralell squat due to a left ankle dorsiflexion restriction (had ligaments tightened but the doc went SUPER tight). No worrys with the heel now, squat day has never been so fulfilling.

Last edited:
I've been loving Lat Pull-Down lately! :D Just used it for 5 sessions as of now (just started in the gym) and I'm liking how it does with my lats and deltoid. I think it also does something on my biceps depending on the width of grip. Not really an expert.

My favourite piece of equipment is my squat rack. It's a home made job that I bought from the local classifieds for $100. I will eventually have to sell it to upgrade to a proper power rack, but it has given me something to squat with so I am stoked.

Things like this don't come up in canberra all that often so I am always thankful to have found it haha.

well one of the welded pins broke off this recently, and now I no longer trust any of the welds on it. I could probably get a mate to re weld it for me, but I am thinking it might be time to retire it and buy a solid power rack.

RIP

well one of the welded pins broke off this recently, and now I no longer trust any of the welds on it. I could probably get a mate to re weld it for me, but I am thinking it might be time to retire it and buy a solid power rack.

RIP
Where are you located?

Well since I only have equipment I really need, That is:
Power Rack, Olympic bar, Weight Plates, dumbells, curl bar and bench...
I couldn't live without any of them. Take one thing away and it doesn't work!

Equipment I DID have, and can live without, is now all sold off. That is:
Cardio equipment (treadmill, elliptical, rowing machine) and standard bench press (no spotter bars)