• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fish oil & vitamin B

hugoti

Guys,
I have been asked to start taking fish oil and vitamin B as part of my training. What's everyone's experience with these tablets? Any brand to buy or avoid and any recommended places to buy (retail or online) that provide better value would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You only need vitamin b if you are deficient.

If you think you may be deficient go get checked out.

I would save the money you were going to spend on fish oil and but some fish or other meat. Likely to do more good for you and taste a lot better.

Last edited:
Just get what's on special, Chemist Warehouse often have 50% off sale and free postage deals. Never pay full price for vitamins.

You only need vitamin b if you are deficient.

If you think you may be deficient go get checked out.

I would save the money you were going to spend on fish oil and but some fish or other meat. Likely to do more good for you and taste a lot better.

Does not really answer the question does it?

Take fish oil with a high DHA/EPA ratio. This makes it more like 'real' fish oil that we eat in our diet and is good for your brain. I use the Blackmores variety (Brain formula). Yes, chemist warehouse FTW,

Take fish oil with a high DHA/EPA ratio. This makes it more like 'real' fish oil that we eat in our diet and is good for your brain. I use the Blackmores variety (Brain formula). Yes, chemist warehouse FTW,

No, the research coming out it that eating fish especially oily fish has very good benefits but these benefits do not carry over into fish oil tablets.

Guys,
I have been asked to start taking fish oil and vitamin B as part of my training. What's everyone's experience with these tablets? Any brand to buy or avoid and any recommended places to buy (retail or online) that provide better value would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sardines would be a great and more complete option if you don't mind it.

Fadi.

No, the research coming out it that eating fish especially oily fish has very good benefits but these benefits do not carry over into fish oil tablets.

Srs? I haven't seen this research. So this covers all manner of capsulized oil - fish, cod, krill..et al?
I am keen to know why.

And this makes sense...Ive been saying that for years, well, and thinking it, just a gut feeling from what I've read.

where is this research?

And this makes sense...Ive been saying that for years, well, and thinking it, just a gut feeling from what I've read.

where is this research?

Here are two, the first one a meta analysis involving 20 studies and 68000 people the second one with 14 studies 20000 people.

Association between omega-3 fatty acid - PubMed Mobile

CONCLUSION: Overall, omega-3 PUFA supplementation was not associated with a lower risk of all-cause mortality, cardiac death, sudden death, myocardial infarction, or stroke based on relative and absolute measures of association.

Efficacy of omega-3 fatty acid suppleme - PubMed Mobile

CONCLUSION: Our meta-analysis showed insufficient evidence of a secondary preventive effect of omega-3 fatty acid supplements against overall cardiovascular events among patients with a history of cardiovascular disease.

The fish oils one buys have two issues as I see them:

1. Not only you won't get the benefit from the oils, but...
2. You may in fact be harmed and even risk having a stroke due to the EPA ratio of such oils....because of their drug like effect on blood viscosity...DHA for the brain and EPA for the blood...

Furthermore, I like to call fish oil (or any other "just" oil) as a naked product. A product that has been stripped away from its co-factors. Factors that not only make the intended product much more assimilable, but would also render it safe due to its balanced nutrients. Nutrients such as the mighty selenium and the hormone like vitamin, vitamin D. One major and very known nutrient, (naked nutrient) that comes to mind is beta carotene, the stuff that makes carrots so great for you. In carrots, this vitamin scares the hell out of cancer cells,...stripped naked of all its friends.... it becomes an invitation to cancer and best be avoided in supplemental form.

If after the above comment you’re still determined to buy some fish oil, then in that case I would recommend you check out iherb, they’ve got plenty of naked fish oil as well as B vitamins here: http://www.iherb.com/search?kw=fish+oil&x=0&y=0#p=1

Fadi.

Last edited:
That's a bit OTT Fadi

the stuff that makes carrots so great for you. In carrots, this vitamin scares the hell out of cancer cells,...stripped naked of all its friends.... it becomes an invitation to cancer and best be avoided in supplemental form.

That's a bit OTT Fadi

the stuff that makes carrots so great for you. In carrots, this vitamin scares the hell out of cancer cells,...stripped naked of all its friends.... it becomes an invitation to cancer and best be avoided in supplemental form.
I Hear You Andy,..Thanks Mate.

I wonder if all supplements have these hazardous side effects, just in various degrees. Imagine, a liver detox capsule thats actually more poisonous for the liver.. LOL

I wonder if all supplements have these hazardous side effects, just in various degrees. Imagine, a liver detox capsule thats actually more poisonous for the liver.. LOL

I think Fadi is right to a degree, food that we pull from the ground is full of vitamins, minerals and most importantly enzymes, and other shit we don't even know about.
Cherry picking certain elements out of food is at best a bit of roulette, and great for supplement companies.

I've always taken fish oil tablets, well, because I heard they were good for you. Since I improved my diet and seeing I actually eat a lot of fish, I stopped taking them. After about 2 weeks without them I did notice joint pain I've never had before. I started taking them again and it went away.