• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned

0ni

Registered Rustler
I guess you can say that I had an "epiphany" or whatever, but I got fed up with internet experts quoting zatsiorsky & verkoshanky etc telling me (and other people) what you can and can't do regarding training.

So im going to completely change my philosophy on training and life in general. I'm now training at a disadvantage, no belts, high bar olympic squats, push press as my main pressing movement and I'll be saying a big "fuck you" to overtraining and ramping my workouts up to squatting and pressing a max daily (will only bench 3x a week for shoulder health), yeah im going to round-back my deadlifts, the spine isn't moving at all during the pull so who gives a shit?

Looking back at my training I made the most progress when I was doing sheiko, a ridiculously high volume routine apparently meant for "advanced" athletes and broke every internet rule out there. Everybody on the internet knows that the human body wasn’t designed for more than two or three hours of intense exercise every week, limiting each workout to 45 minutes right? Don't want to fuck up my test:cortisol ratio!!!1 What kind of full-retard idea is that? I'll probably start maxing out deadlifts daily as well, as soon as I am used to daily squat maxes, everyone always says that you can't deadlift more than once a week or you destroy your cns, yeah 'ok'

Never go full retard.

I've been training like this for just over a week now and already my bench has jumped 5kg and my squat about 10kg. I suspect these are just the usual "ME" gains that will taper after 3-4 weeks but if I hammer through that time (working on the theory that I'll never get to the point where I can't squat the bar then I'll just adapt and moving max weight will become like clockwork for me

are you willing to do whatever it takes, to be the best? - good quote

Elaborate? What's the gym's name?

Home gym
301630_10150269118849315_514379314_7901754_6750430_n.jpg

I will be relocating to the cbd soon and opening PTC Adelaide. Wil be holding plenty of novice/gym and CAPO meets if you are interested in competing.

Home gym
301630_10150269118849315_514379314_7901754_6750430_n.jpg

I will be relocating to the cbd soon and opening PTC Adelaide. Wil be holding plenty of novice/gym and CAPO meets if you are interested in competing.

man that looks amazing, in the new year I might drive down once a week (probably friday) if that's ok. I've never been able to lift with other people properly lol... Always been "that guy" that does <10 reps in every gym..

I think competing would be nice, although I'd probably go in raw and just wear a belt

Awesome, we usually get a very good crew training on Friday nights, upwards of 10 guys all squatting benching and pulling, don't think you see more than 3 reps.

Welcome to compete raw, the novice meets are raw and CAPO has a raw division. Most people compete raw.

"Oni is a pretty cool guy, he lifts the heavy weights and doesn't afraid of anything."

Have you considered Westside methods? In a typical week, they do a Max Effort lower body day, Dynamic Effort lower body day, Max Effort upper body day and a Dynamic Effort upper body day.

On the ME days they do singles on squat or bench like you're suggesting in your OP. On the DE days they do lower weight for volume or speed. And accessory work on all days.

There's plenty of good programs out there. Most of the people who have them published are much smarter than us. Pick one you like and follow it.

Sounds great, any training fees?

5 bucks to train, 20 if you want more indepth coaching. But that's a group environment, I do offer intensive one on one coaching if you are interested which is a lot dearer.

Why do you think it's silly? Any real reason at all?

Because at your weight and strength, a good old fashioned linear progression program with more food would be better than something like Sheikol.

"Oni is a pretty cool guy, he lifts the heavy weights and doesn't afraid of anything."

Have you considered Westside methods? In a typical week, they do a Max Effort lower body day, Dynamic Effort lower body day, Max Effort upper body day and a Dynamic Effort upper body day.

On the ME days they do singles on squat or bench like you're suggesting in your OP. On the DE days they do lower weight for volume or speed. And accessory work on all days.

There's plenty of good programs out there. Most of the people who have them published are much smarter than us. Pick one you like and follow it.

Yeah I am very familiar with their methods but I prefer to take their principles and apply it to my own training. I've done DE deadlifts since forever and is the only way I ever train them and consistently break PR's on it when I max out about every 8-10 weeks or so. Currently doing my DE pulls on a training max of 200kg. Just started doing them on other exercises as well, at the moment I do texas method and DE followed by ME on Friday and am just starting to max out on wednesdays as well.
I find I can bench much more after doing DE work as well lol. I use higher percentages than recommended, opting for the 63-68% for squats, 70% for bench and 60-85% for deadlifts.

Also starting to do more conjugated work, I train squats with high bar and 50% of my pressing is push press although still train low bar and bench to max weekly. I do front squats to max on wednesday

5 bucks to train, 20 if you want more indepth coaching. But that's a group environment, I do offer intensive one on one coaching if you are interested which is a lot dearer.

Because at your weight and strength, a good old fashioned linear progression program with more food would be better than something like Sheikol.

Sounds great, will probably ring you in the new year.
I do "linear" progression now and have done routines like starting strength and madcow but despite what people on the internet say, I still made the best gains of my life on Sheiko

Chances are you are missing something, like food intake. You may be eating more on Sheiko.

There is no magic or exceptions. Well, there may be an exception, but I have never seen on in hundreds of cases.

First 3 lift meet will be Feb 25th at 'The Cave/PTC Adelaide. This will be a RADelaide Power Lifting novice and noobies meet.

And yes; Everything Fuz said about Friday and PT sessions etc....