• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned

I think the main reason for sticking to 1x5 DL in SS and his recommended template for the Texas Method is because you're already doing squats for 3x5 on the same day, and the next training day, and the previous training day... if you were alternating between squats and deadlifts every time, he might prescribe more volume on DLs.

Very good point

You aren't going to damage your body in that way from squatting too frequently you are more likely to find you neurologically fatigue and get muscular strains or sprain something. But anyways stop arguing to justify your position/idea and just do it and write it in your log or otherwise I just think this is a massive troll.

Start back at the gym Jan 3rd! Going to start pressing / squatting daily when I get a barbell also. Hopefully that won't be too long either

This has been an interesting thread for a lot of reasons and in my opinion the most important issue has barely been touched.

The most important aspect of progress in resistance training is psychological. Regardless of the scientific support for any training method, or the accomplishment of the person pushing it, it will not work for you if it leaves you cold. On the flip side, people will get results from some strange practices if they love it and believe in what they are doing.

The reason that I rank psychological above training and nutrition is because they are only byproducts of motivation. You won't eat or train to an optimum level unless you believe in what you are doing.

In my opinion, there is far too much emphasis on science in training, especially on the web. To study a particular hypothesis, scientists have to standardise every other variable and that is their greatest weakness. Assuming that motivation is not affected by training is exactly why lab results do not translate directly to gym results. Some people are willing to accept scientific wisdom and adopt it and others are less inclined.

The good news is that everything works if you believe and train accordingly and the gap between the best results and results from making it up as you go along is not as wide as some would have you believe. It really only matters if you want to be at the top of the tree and if that's the case, your motivation will be enough to drag you through whatever is put in front of you.

My advice is always, soak up information from everywhere, make your own decisions and put your heart into it.

I think that's what oni is trying to do and I think it will work.

Good luck oni. Just be smart enough to not hurt yourself because that will put you back a long way.