• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned

I guess you can say that I had an "epiphany" or whatever, but I got fed up with internet experts quoting zatsiorsky & verkoshanky etc telling me (and other people) what you can and can't do regarding training.

So im going to completely change my philosophy on training and life in general. I'm now training at a disadvantage, no belts, high bar olympic squats, push press as my main pressing movement and I'll be saying a big "fuck you" to overtraining and ramping my workouts up to squatting and pressing a max daily (will only bench 3x a week for shoulder health), yeah im going to round-back my deadlifts, the spine isn't moving at all during the pull so who gives a shit?

Looking back at my training I made the most progress when I was doing sheiko, a ridiculously high volume routine apparently meant for "advanced" athletes and broke every internet rule out there. Everybody on the internet knows that the human body wasn’t designed for more than two or three hours of intense exercise every week, limiting each workout to 45 minutes right? Don't want to fuck up my test:cortisol ratio!!!1 What kind of full-retard idea is that? I'll probably start maxing out deadlifts daily as well, as soon as I am used to daily squat maxes, everyone always says that you can't deadlift more than once a week or you destroy your cns, yeah 'ok'

Never go full retard.

Well I don't think round-backing your deadlifts is a great idea, but as far as maxing out at a high frequency goes, power to ya. World class Olympic weightlifters do, what, 6 hours a day, 6 days a week of 80%+, right? If they do it, it can be done. Probably something to work up to, but hardly impossible. I almost always train for 2-3 hours at a time. A 45 min workout is 5x5 squats for me, and nothing more. I couldn't possibly stick to those 30-60min workouts that the internet says are great and feel remotely productive, unless it's a recovery day or a conditioning workout.

Oni all youve been doing is building your lifts back up to where they were previously why dont you just do what you did then (if it was sheiko then bloody do sheiko) then worry about changing routines and piss off doing speed deadlifts to "keep the groove" your a bees dick off a 200kg deadlift at 65kg FFS why stall at 190kg???

I wanted to go back onto sheiko, but internet experts told me I was wrong and that I should do 5/3/1 or a "beginner" routine and make no progress

Well I don't think round-backing your deadlifts is a great idea, but as far as maxing out at a high frequency goes, power to ya. World class Olympic weightlifters do, what, 6 hours a day, 6 days a week of 80%+, right? If they do it, it can be done. Probably something to work up to, but hardly impossible. I almost always train for 2-3 hours at a time. A 45 min workout is 5x5 squats for me, and nothing more. I couldn't possibly stick to those 30-60min workouts that the internet says are great and feel remotely productive, unless it's a recovery day or a conditioning workout.

Nice work man, I know the bulgarians, chinese and south american weightlifters all max out 6-7 days a week, often doing 13 max weight squat workouts a week lol. The key is to keep the weights around a 9 on the perceived exertion scale so not so much that if a fly landed on the bar you'd miss but you shouldn't be able to do 3 reps

I wanted to go back onto sheiko, but internet experts told me I was wrong and that I should do 5/3/1 or a "beginner" routine and make no progress
have you tried these programs? and for how long? (sorry if u have already mentioned this, cbf looking back)

i wonder if Shorty's log is still on here or maybe its on NS.com perfect example of why "beginner" routines work when stuck to

Nice work man, I know the bulgarians, chinese and south american weightlifters all max out 6-7 days a week, often doing 13 max weight squat workouts a week lol. The key is to keep the weights around a 9 on the perceived exertion scale so not so much that if a fly landed on the bar you'd miss but you shouldn't be able to do 3 reps

FFS Oni!
YOU ARE NOT A TOP LEVEL CHINESE, BULGARIAN, OR STH AMERICAN WEIGHTLIFTER.

YOU ARE A BEGINNER WITH THE BUILD OF A 50KG FEMALE.

Do a sensible program and eat some fucking food, Its not that hard.
Maybe it is for you now, seeing you have already done a Anadrol and Dbol only cycle lol.

**Move to comedy section**
Signed sticky.

There's a comedy section? When did that happen?

I agree with the others though? 0ni grow some balls and eat some food.

This sounds like a very bad idea...

"yeah im going to round-back my deadlifts"

and then

"I'll probably start maxing out deadlifts daily as well, as soon as I am used to daily squat maxes"

Have fun living the rest of your life un-able to pick up a 10kg plate because your spine is so fucked up.

have you tried these programs? and for how long? (sorry if u have already mentioned this, cbf looking back)

Yeah I did Starting Strength for a month but kept on stalling and 5/3/1 for 3 months but wasn't really getting the progress I wanted (frequency of lifts was probably too low). When I moved onto an intermediate routine (madcow) I started seeing some decent gains. I think full body routines are definitely the way forwards for me. Recently after a few months doing 5x5 I've started to increase the volume on monday to 5x5 across instead of ramped and find progress to be even better

This sounds like a very bad idea...

"yeah im going to round-back my deadlifts"

and then

"I'll probably start maxing out deadlifts daily as well, as soon as I am used to daily squat maxes"

Have fun living the rest of your life un-able to pick up a 10kg plate because your spine is so fucked up.

You're round-backing your deadlift in your avatar lol. Round-backing is fine, what matters is power in the spine, as long as your spine doesn't move there isn't a problem