• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Frequency

Big bodies have been built using all methods.
Progression is key.
HIT is more to do with effacy than anything else.

The amount of time one works out versus how quick one recovers is personal.

Progression and consistency?

How do you measure your progression Andy?

One thing I have not researched with HIT is the rep ranges one would use, so I guess I am talking volume with HIT.
Is it just moderate intensity (measured by weight) until failure in one set? with moderately high reps, or just hitting failure on the last set and building up to it.
Or is it just going balls to the wall intensity, low volume, higher frequency to failure....which would probably be more efficient. makes me think that would lead to lower injury rates too.

What are your thoughts mate?
Am I confused on HIT to some degree, I think I may be.

Im more or less doing a once a week for upper body and twice for lower over 6 days. Seems to be doing the job. I've also heard twice a week for everything is a goer for 'naty's but cant talk from experiance.

Im more or less doing a once a week for upper body and twice for lower over 6 days. Seems to be doing the job. I've also heard twice a week for everything is a goer for 'naty's but cant talk from experiance.

Are you on the gear, or have just never worked twice a week?

i logged it when i did 20kg squats and benches lol.

This is true, but you're upping it by 2.5 each workout... Just for wingman
Todays workout
squat - 1 x 20 @ bar
sldl - 1 x 20 @ bar
calf raise - 1 x 20 @ bar
hanging leg raise on rings 1 x 20

Do you think building neural pathways by using higher frequency is doable whilst concentrating on hypertrophy at the same time?

By training different rep ranges in the week with compound lifts to stimulate strength gains through the neural system and then stimulating hypertrophy with higher reps, could it be the best of both worlds?
With your experience of day to day training of others, is it possible? or a little far fetched?

For most people I doubt they would have the time. You could do it a number of ways depending on what suits your schedule. Lifting everyday for one lift for low reps (non failure) and very low sets (1-3) and then having seperate days through the week for volume work.

That is just an example there are many different methods you could use if you think it through.

Really though for most training in the usual methods are good for most people.

Too much over annalysing.

Trial and error.

I used to train 7 days per week and it worked, then trained 3 days per week and it worked.

Try and see what works best for you.

Basically what Shrek said... Just try it, just because some nerd burger said it wont work doesnt mean he's right.

Too much over annalysing.

Trial and error.

I used to train 7 days per week and it worked, then trained 3 days per week and it worked.

Try and see what works best for you.

Not over analyzing mate, just discussing the 'why' of what works for some and what doesn't for others.
Question for you though big fella: If you had to choose, which would you say worked the most, the 7 day or 3 day training and why, this is a good question for you to answer as you been training for a fair while and it shows?

Basically what Shrek said... Just try it, just because some nerd burger said it wont work doesnt mean he's right.

As above
What's working best for you mate and why do you think?

As above
What's working best for you mate and why do you think?

As l said above the one day a week for upper and twice a week for lower over a 6 day split is what im working with now and im getting results. Having said that i've only trained bbing wise for like 14ish weeks maybe so anything was going to work.

Not over analyzing mate, just discussing the 'why' of what works for some and what doesn't for others.
Question for you though big fella: If you had to choose, which would you say worked the most, the 7 day or 3 day training and why, this is a good question for you to answer as you been training for a fair while and it shows?
Impossibly to ascertain what worked better.
I did the 7 day thing in my early days so a lot of it can be attributed to newbie gains, however i did try it again 3-4 years ago to try to bust through a plateau and it worked.

I guess my point is all things can work if all contributing factors are 100% or close enough ie nutrition and sleep.

I would train 7 days per week again save for I'm a lazy fukker LOL.

if you are motivated enough you will find the time..I did.

Not these days though. 4 is usually enough.

I go gym at 8am before work and 5pm after work
I pass the gym on the way to work so it's easy

As l said above the one day a week for upper and twice a week for lower over a 6 day split is what im working with now and im getting results. Having said that i've only trained bbing wise for like 14ish weeks maybe so anything was going to work.

Ahh you did write that, my apologies KFG

Not sure how anyone has the time to workout 6-7 times a week unless its your full time gig.

The Hulk aka Adrian, is doing the 7 day training right now....smashing the over training mith as we speak.

I would train 7 days per week again save for I'm a lazy fukker LOL.

LOL, I hear ya :D:D:D