• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Full Fat Milk During Cutting?

staunch308

Minimising my saturated fat intake, except for full-cream milk which I drink a lot of. Is it ok to be drinking full-cream when cutting or should I change to skim milk or reduced fat.

Full cream milk has 2.6grams of saturated fats per 100mls. Drinking around 4-500ml daily so 13grams of sat fat from my milk intake alone.

I also drink about 200+ mls before bed with a scoop of whey, about 30 minutes before bed. Should I wait longer, less?

Last edited:
I personally stay away from full cream milk while cutting because I get good doses of dietry fat from other sources such as eggs, grains, nuts, fish oil & coconut oil.

I would get rid of the milk and use the cals in better areas such as more meat (i.e steak or fish) - fat is not something you should be worried about while cutting...carbs are the thing you need to watch out for. Your much better off getting calories from fat than carbs when dieting or even if your not dieting.

I would get rid of the milk and use the cals in better areas such as more meat (i.e steak or fish) - fat is not something you should be worried about while cutting...carbs are the thing you need to watch out for. Your much better off getting calories from fat than carbs when dieting or even if your not dieting.

what is wrong with carbs on a cut?

what is wrong with carbs on a cut?

Nothing is "wrong" with carbs on a cut - your body is just alot better off using fat as an energy source than carbs - you will get alot more out of using fat than carbs.

Think about putting paper on a fire and see how long it burns for or putting a huge log on the fire and see how long it burns for.

Plus the postives in regards to increasing test and speeding up your metabolism your get from fat which you dont get from carbs.

Think about putting paper on a fire and see how long it burns for or putting a huge log on the fire and see how long it burns for.

Lol. Terrible analogy. What's it got to do with fat being better than carbs for losing weight.

Really? lol - carbs with give you a spike in energy levels but then will drop fast, fat will give you sustained energy levels throughout the day and also be helping the fat burning process by speeding up your metabolism + the increase in test that you may get from increasing fat may even help you put on some muscle which in turn will help speed up your metabolism even more due to the fact that the more muscle you have the faster your metabolism.

Carbs should be looked at purely as an energy source - this is why I will only ever have carbs around trying time - for me anyother time they are close to pointless because Iam not looking for a spike in energy anytime apart from training during the day....during a cut its always about having sustained energy as much as possible.

Bullshit.
For one wood and paper have pretty much the same components just paper has a heap bigger surface area. That's why it burns quicker, no were are there similarities with how carbs and fat burn. Fact is fat when eaten has a much better conversion to body fat than carbs converting to body fat.

As for the carb phobia when cutting. I though people have got over that. Carbs can be great for cutting and preserving muscle. Losing weight is about calories anyway. Carbs will give you sustained energy, your body stores them and use them for later, obviously, and unless you have diabetes you won't be getting massive spikes and then a huge drop in energy. Not to mention full liver glycogen from carbs helps minimise muscle catabolism, which is what we want when cutting. Full muscle glycogen will help fuel workouts which will help when cutting and also makes you look bigger.

Now I'm not for high carb diets like in the 90s. But most people on high protein are getting plenty of fat from animal sources anyway. Lowering carbs when cutting pretty much has to be done as to lower calories but carbs aren't the evil of cutting that some people make them out to be and can help.

They are not evil.

But you really do need to do some more research into how carbs and fats work in the body...

Its a fact that carbs burn faster than fat...its a fact that fat speeds up your metabolism, its a fact that unused carbs will be stored as fat....im not saying carbs are bad. You have to be smart in regards to the timing of taking your carbs in and when you dont need them - use them when you need a spike of energy, use fat for energy all the other times.

Mon-Fri - I will prob have a total of 150g of carbs in 5 days - protein and fats for the rest - I have never ever been this lean at this weight or holding as much muscle as I do atm...this is due to the fact that I have totally changed my diet and I use carbs to my advantage not just as a random energy source.

Carbs only really offer 2 things 1. Energy 2. calories....fats as stated in my other posts other so many more benefits in regards to getting lean and putting on size.

Excess fat will be stored as body fat just as excess carbs will infact fat is stored as body fat far easier.

Fat has a much more efficient conversion to body fat than carbs do.

Fat ingestion causes the lower amount of calories burned for processing than carbs. It's also causes lower up-regulation of metabolism after a meal than carbs because of how efficient it is converted to body fat. Because of the virtually infinite storage for fat it is easier for the body to store fat than burn excess off when a large fat meal is eaten.

Again I'm not against fat it has heaps of awesome benefits. Just pointing out some negatives. By the way I'm not trying to change your mind. I know that's it's a waste of time with Internet arguments but just putting the info out there for others who read this.

Yea yea man for sure! - its good to have discussions like this so ppl see both sides!! def see your point on something.

And at the end of the day one thing does not work for everyone...its upto the person to work out how their body works and how to feed it.

By the way don't think I'm on the low fat bandwagon when cutting. Far from it.

My protein sources are full cream milk, eggs, meat. I kill my own beef animals so have heaps of red meat. So I get in plenty of fat.

While I tend to favor a lowish carb diet I still get a decent amount of carbs from fruit, milk and veggies.