• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Funny stuff you have seen in the gym

poopoohead

I have seen some people do some dumbass things in the gym.
Usually in the form of.... Young guy wants to show off to his mates, loads up the bench press 100+kg, needs all his mates to lift it off him.

When I first started in the gym I used to use weight clamps to hold the weights on to the smith machine bar:rolleyes:

What have you guys seen or done???

The scariest, was when a young lad had 80kg on the bar doing squats, when he had finished he placed teh bar back on the pegs and unloaded the weights.....from one side....no collars..

Bar slowly flipped up as he was walking around to the other side the 20, and 10kg plate on the other end fell to the floor the bar fliped forward, and fell back smashing into the mirror...damm it was loud...

Didnt see him back for quite a while.

i seen quite a good ep of the simpson.. johnny cash was the voice for the coyote.. homer had eaten quite a few chillies at the fair and had hallucinated god it was good.

The scariest, was when a young lad had 80kg on the bar doing squats, when he had finished he placed teh bar back on the pegs and unloaded the weights.....from one side....no collars..

Bar slowly flipped up as he was walking around to the other side the 20, and 10kg plate on the other end fell to the floor the bar fliped forward, and fell back smashing into the mirror...damm it was loud...

Didnt see him back for quite a while.

I have done that at home, but only with a standard bar. Doesn't seem to be a problem with Olympic size bars.

I have been working out at home for a while, and then I went into the gym and did my barbell biceps curl in front of the mirror. I realised then that my body is completely asymmetrical, I have massive right traps and I found that I was using that muscle to help lift towards the end. Not that embarrassing I guess, but my wife has fallen off the treadmill at the gym :)

The wankers always make me laugh.
There is one tool I see at the gym.He always talks in this fake
deep voice and talks shite non stop.Just because he owns a copy of
Weiders Training Bible he knows everything and wants everyone to know it.
He has a bit of muscle but not as much as he thinks and there is more fat than beef anyway.
One day he has 110kg loaded up on the bench press (he sruggles with 80) and he is just sitting there looking around.When he thinks no one is looking he lies down and lifts the bar of the holders (what are they called anyway),holds it for a few seconds and drops it back on them with a crash and lets out a battle cry,and then sits up and looks around to see who is checking him out.
Massive flogger!
I have a dozen other stories about him so will add them later.

Yeah I dont understand some guys.
The amount of guys I see come in get all dressed up in gloves, belts etc Do about 5 seconds worth of mid weight lifting then slam the weights to the floor with a grunt, then just stand there or walk around the place for 5 minutes trying to look staunch and giving every one the "Im here to do business" 100 yard stare.
And if some else in the gym is lifting heaveir or is way bigger. they hate it and spend all there time fixated on there "bad techneque" or think that that person is trying to show off.

true that gym rats are strange i like lifting weights but why would you wanna hang around in the gym not working out???

Part 2
The guy is laughing material the moment he walks in.
A 50 something guy,with a far from perfect body,big guts,wearing a golds gym singlet,bike shorts,boxer boots and bandana carrying a small shopping basket.
In the basket he has a weight belt,gloves,wraps,strapping and supporters of all kinds,a drink shaker,a container of protein powder,a container of supplements, and a notebook and pen.
After about 30 mins of strapping and wrapping he is ready to start his pseudo workout.
I make sure to never make eye contact with him because he will just come over and start talking crap.He is always barging in on other peoples conversation.
Two young guys were talking about meat.In relation to working out or not I have no idea but this is how it went,
Young guy "blah blah meat......."
Wanker runs over "Do you eat meat after a workout?"
YG "Errrrm uhhh yeah"
W "You should.Meat,you know,ahh well meat ummmm,meat is errrrr.....
meat builds muscle"
Tosser!

i dont have any cool stories like that...

though about a week ago, i was at the gym around 5am or so with my PT, doign some exercise, then all of a sudden this horrific scream comes from the other side of the room.. im like WTF and so is my PT... anyway some lady nearly came off a treadmill... its weird the gym i go to, the treadmills have like a magnetic necklace on them, you can pop them round your neck and if you roll back so far frfom the very front of the treadmill tread?lol it automatically cuts out.. gogo safety

LOL,
we got this dude in our gym who is pretty fit looking, but is a little strange has these beedy eyes. he walks around the gym looking at everyone and if your unlucky enough to make eye contact with him he will come and talk to you. hes harmless but I have seen a few dudes growl at him to F** off.

But this Dude here always cracks me up YouTube - Funny Gym Accident - Hilarious !!

Seem someone poo them selves, that stank the whole place out. Think the guy had a bad reaction to a WPI he was taking and chouldnt hold it while attemping a 120KG bench

There are two guys at my gym who come in to lift, but only ever wear head to toe matching camo patterned skins. The singlet and full length pants all in camo. I'm hoping they are a couple, coz otherwise it is even sadder than it already seems.

The wankers always make me laugh.
There is one tool I see at the gym.He always talks in this fake
deep voice and talks shite non stop.Just because he owns a copy of
Weiders Training Bible he knows everything and wants everyone to know it.
He has a bit of muscle but not as much as he thinks and there is more fat than beef anyway.
One day he has 110kg loaded up on the bench press (he sruggles with 80) and he is just sitting there looking around.When he thinks no one is looking he lies down and lifts the bar of the holders (what are they called anyway),holds it for a few seconds and drops it back on them with a crash and lets out a battle cry,and then sits up and looks around to see who is checking him out.
Massive flogger!
I have a dozen other stories about him so will add them later.

hahaha awesome :D

Story #3
F*%kstick comes up to one of the chicks and starts doing all these
stupid dance steps. "What are you doing?" she asks.He replies,"Aerobics"
and goes on to show her how to do it all and what SHE SHOULD do
(incidentally this check eventually left that job to work at a school for
gym/fitness instructors, sport directors etc. so I reckon she knew what
to to).
That one looked wankish enough but another time comes up to a male
instructor and tells him to put his hands up,palms out.So he does and
wanker starts showing his boxing skills and wanking on about how to
box.The gym dude says "Nah nah nah that`s not right I`ll show you" and
gets him to put his hands up.the dude starts throwing punches into his hands.
Even a total non expert like me could see he could box.The punches were
hitting his hands with loud,crisp SPLAT SPLAT sounds and the wanker stands
there trying not to grimace at the pain and trying to keep his hands steady
but he was being knocked back with each punch.He walks off looking totally
dejected and I`m sure his hands were tingling.
Strangely he was very quiet after that.
PWNED LOSER!!

I havent gone to the gym for weeks, but every time I go I wear a superman T-Shirt I have a few of them and they look exactly the same. Im sure that would look odd to people.