• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Funny stuff you have seen in the gym

Heres a disgusting one for you's

Someone pissed in the sauna coals so the piss boiled and a horrible extremely strong oder stunk out the whole toilets and lower floor of the gym

today i saw a skinny kid doing what i can only explain as an incline bench but the bar didn't go up and down at a 90' angle but at a 45' angle. im very thankful i started weight training. seeing some of those skinny kids. that could've been me.

Attachments

• kid.jpg
    kid.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Ahahaha, funny pic.

I have a guy that "trains" with us at my place. He is a strange guy lol.
He always looks for weird things to do like upside down push ups ect.

Anyway, my bench has a leg curl attachment on the end of it right.... He pressed the empty bar, and did a leg curl (10kg) at the same time. I lol'd and asked WTF he was doing.
"full body rep" he replied.

Trying to be serious, I bet him a PWO shake that he can't do 100 of them without stopping, he is the kind of guy that never turns down a challange.

He did 100, then proceeded to do another 100 without stopping at all. A total of 200 reps.

I really wish I had of videoed it, it was so funny.
Imagine, as your press is at the top, your legs are out in front. When the bar is on your chest, your feet are on the floor.

Imagine x 200 :p
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
a couple of years ago a guy at the gym was sparring in the ring, his foot slipped out the ring (rings about 3ft above ground) and he crashed to the ground ,he'd pulled his leg out of socket, a few guys came to help him and tried to put his leg back in,i was wrapping my hands and couldnt help.
they popped it back in and he screamed . now it hurts but this was like he was dying . they had caught his testicle in the socket.
we waited for the ambulance to come then , but they had to pull it back out of socket and then put it back in.
dont ask me about hows and logistics ive often thought how??

He dislocated his hip? far out that would be painful and a very hard thing to do. He was lucky it was just his balls and that he did not get permanent nerve damage when they tried to put it back in, he would never be training properly again otherwise.

There used to be these two guys who would come to the gym when my mate and I were training back in the early 90's. Average slim-looking guys in their late 30's, nothing to really make them stand out except for their matching flouro sunnies and running shorts (the ones with the split up the sides).

They would begin by psyching each other up in the changerooms.
eg.
John: "Shit Bill, your going to lift a stack of weight today"
Bill: "Don't I know it John, I'm going to be HUGE by the end of the week"
John: "All these pretenders better watch out, the REAL men are in the gym"

They would then walk in, acknowledge the regulars and begin some lifting...this is where it would get weird.

John would put about 30kg on a curl bar and Bill would start doing his 3 sets of 10, first set would go fine (maybe a bit of grunting) but on the second set he would break down and John would have to comfort him.

Bill: "GRUNT! I can't do it...it's too much!!! Why did you load the bar"
John: "Come on Bill, I know you can do it Mate, I have faith in you"
Bill: *sheds a tear* "Thanks Bill, but it is just too heavy, my arms are like rubber"
John: "I'll help you get through it" *Begins spotting Bill, keeping the bar moving*
Bill: "Grunt! Yeah...I'm DOING IT!!"

This would repeat with John breaking down and Bill comforting him when they swapped. They would then do the same thing for each exercise they did.

It was seriously weird, a lot of people assumed they were "life partners" but they were both married with kids.

One time after they had finished doing some 40kg benchpress, a couple of the regular heavyweight lifters got on after them and started copying them.
Frank "Come on Jack, You can do it"
Jack (pissing himself laughing while pretending to cry) "No Frank I'm just not feeling your love"
Frank: "But Jack, I just showed you my love in the changerooms"

Had the whole gym in hysterics it was that funny...It still cracks me up thinking about it.

That is easily the winner, the best story I have ever read, I want to see it play out in real life.

I saw a bloke spotting another guy on the leg press today... He was laying on his back beside the machine with his foot on one of the plates pushing up... I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

I saw a bloke spotting another guy on the leg press today... He was laying on his back beside the machine with his foot on one of the plates pushing up... I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

LOL wut?

What i dont get is how do u "spot" a leg press in teh first place? There no way i can help lift say 400kg plus falling onto a guy..