• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Games hopeful: $5000 now or I quit and you all miss the Olympics

there is still a question over whether he did or not...
if he did, thats f#cked.. if not.. there must be a bit going on behind the scenes for such an accusation (and admission of the "performance incentive") to have come out

Aussie weightlifter disputes cash grab
PM - Weightlifting official confirms Olympic extortion allegations 13/06/2012

how would you be if you were him.. actualyl innocent.. and copping all this shit? and he won't even be the one going to the olympics anyway... and he DID help Aus to win the samoa comp
But Koum, who fell just short of the medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, has rejected the claims.

"I'm very shocked," he told AAP.
"I've always been competing.
"I've put all my financial money to represent this country and they're accusing me for (asking for) $5000?
"With past competitions, even I just went to represent Australia in the world championships and it cost me more than $10,000.
"I'm very disappointed."

what if it turns out the official was the one that offered $5000... and is now pissed and wants hsi money back?
maybe he just doesn't like him because ne's "non-Australian"? maybe he wants to give some other bloke a go in that weight division?

the story is true. The Next AWF meeting is next week and it'll be heavily discussed.

I know of several coaches and athletes in samoa while this happened.

This is a fact. He hit up a major person in the AWF for some coin. They agreed and shock on it. The athlete then aapproached another AWF rep for more coin than before.

PB, while I don't doubt your connections :), the guy that actually offered and paid the money was on live radio saying that HE approached Koum first and offered $1000 as a performance incentive.. Koum didn't approach him initially...
he said he did it himself because he didn't think Koum was motivated enough to do his best, and offered 1K from his own pocket....

is that in conflict with what you heard?