• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gpc world championships 2012

hahaha thats awesome! Was anything mentioned about you guys having just been married/honeymooning at the comp!?.. I would have made them announce it! :p

Yeah a few people congratulated us.

I'm not allowed to reff her anymore though, and she can't reff me.

I'm much harsher, but that's because we have altered small things in the austrlian rule book.

In the world book for instance the rule on bench is "the press call shall be given once the bar touchs the chest"

In the aus book the rule is "the press call shall be given once the bar is motionless on the chest".

That is a big difference.

As with any multiply fed, parallel is 1" above, which pisses me off.

Out of all the multi ply squats I've seen passed, I'd only pass about 80% of them......

Overall though, I'm happy with most of what I've seen.

Haha the bench thing definitely did cause a lot of talk on the live stream chat!

There was also a LOT of talk on "high squats", and that was in the raw guys.. But as I/others pointed out - the live stream camera was up high, on an angle and far away.. Very hard to know unless you're sitting there as the side judge.. I have to admit though, some did look a little questionable.. Then you, Max, our girls all came out and buried them! Hahaha the difference was pretty massive!.. Makes me proud that we're so strict here in Aus! :)

And that's the way we will stay.

I've seen a few bar dips let through.
That really made me cross.

I'm much harsher, but that's because we have altered small things in the austrlian rule book.

In the world book for instance the rule on bench is "the press call shall be given once the bar touchs the chest"

In the aus book the rule is "the press call shall be given once the bar is motionless on the chest".

That is a big difference.

As with any multiply fed, parallel is 1" above, which pisses me off.

Out of all the multi ply squats I've seen passed, I'd only pass about 80% of them......

Overall though, I'm happy with most of what I've seen.

Had this argument in another forum about the bench. I don't think people realise there's different specs to lifts at worlds.

camera angle or not on the squats. I was pretty adamant alot of them were high and let through.
U could see when scotty/max etc squatted there was a big difference in depth.

I thought there was lag in the bench press as the press calls were made once the bar touched the chest. Thanks for rectifying with an official answer.

Was pretty good viewing though.!!

That's because we squat 3-4" under, of course everyones will look higher in comparison lol.

Like i said, out of all the squats I've seen passed, id pass 80% of them.

Remember, you can not possibly see the crease of the hip from front on.

There is a reason why the head reff isn't allowed to judge on depth.
If he has no chance, a camera at shoulder height pointing into the lifters lap is going to show you nothing.

fair enough mate.. i was hoping u log on and clear it up. Still 20% is a large margin but w/e their comp not ours :)

i wont go on about the T%A bench lol.. maybe another time..

It's not illegal to tng.

Lots of people have strong opinions, but not many have actually read or understood the rule book..... Not just talking about you btw.

GPC in Australia is much more strict, but that'a because Kelly and I re-wrote parts of it, and I will continue to do so.

We are going to change the entire GPC for the better, and it's already started.

I represented Australia at the GPC AGM last night, brought up 2 issues, both have now been resolved.

GPC are a great bunch of people, it truly is a fed run by lifters for lifters with the lifers beat interest at heart.... And nothing else.

TBH i was under the assumption that the worlds official rule book was the same as here (maybe the majority of all feds do paused) and didn't read into it

Still its great to hear that they take on board the lifters opinions.

The WPC (capo) and GPC (gpc Australia) rule books both state that "the press call shall be given once the bar touches the chest".

No mention of a pause.

Kelly and I both changed the aus rule book by making the bar motionless.

I have seen one more rule whilst being here that will be changed.
I will consult with our tech officer once I'm home.

Yes, rules for feds differ greatly.

I am joining VDFPA next year and the bench press there is

NEW RULE - BENCH PRESS

Please note the following new rule for the Bench press which came
into effect on 01/01/09.​

The referees will now give a STARTsignalfor the bench when the
bar is held motionless at arms-length. No movement of the head,
shoulders, hips or feet is allowed once the START signal is given.
The clap on the chest & the rack signal still exist.

The WPC (capo) and GPC (gpc Australia) rule books both state that "the press call shall be given once the bar touches the chest".

No mention of a pause.

Kelly and I both changed the aus rule book by making the bar motionless.

I have seen one more rule whilst being here that will be changed.
I will consult with our tech officer once I'm home.

So how does that work when Aus GPC will have different rules than the official GPC, even though slight. With so many going to worlds wouldn't it be best to just go with the official ruling.