• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Grippy's 2012 Body Transformation

Cheers Bella,

Took a vid with the trusty phone, prob just hitting parallel, could go slightly deeper I think (thats what she said)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB1Zo3gauFg]180 x 3 - YouTube[/ame]

Cheers fellas.

Squats and deads seem to be firing along well with 5 x 5 and the odd bit of 3 x 3 so I will leave that alone for now, but my bench seriously sucks and I find it tough after squats (energy sapped)
So after reading through the various bench threads and other stuff I have devised a plan to boost my seriously lagging bench. I will piss bench off from Mondays with squats and do it separately on Tuesday using the Coan reps, and will do the light bench on Saturday or squeeze it in on Fridays squat session, cant hurt to try this I suppose, see what happens after 12 weeks I guess.
First shot at it today, only light but haven't burnt my tri's like that for a long time.

Bench
75 x 10
75 x 10

Close Grip Bench
65 x 10
65 x 10

Incline Bench
60 x 10
60 x 10

Sled drags 15 - 20 mins.

Thankyou very much everyone.

Shit session today, lack of sleep and being busy as fuck ruined it Im thinking, tired, lack of energy and just fucked.

Deads

usual warmup
125 x 5
150 x 5
175 x 5
202.5 x 5 rep PB, last rep was ugly

Squats

80 x 5
80 x 5
80 x 5

Chins

BW 3 x 5

I think it's the weather and time of year. I felt the same all yesterday and my session last night was not a highlight either.

But hey, you got a rep PB on your DLs!!

congrats. get some sleep. rest up. drink lots of water. eat right.

you'll bounce back.

:)

Cheers Miss Mango, not really the weather, more lack of sleep and constantly being at work.
Rescued an old Titan barbell from a gym yesterday, even though its well used its still better than the cheap nasty one I have been using, has better knurling, bit thrashed on the ends though but I never touch that bit so I dont give a shit.

Twinged something in lower back so missed squats Friday, did the light bench day today and light squats up to 140 x 3.

Squats

60 x 5
80 x 5
100 x 5
140 x 3

Light bench

60 x 10
60 x 10

Chins BW 3 x 5

Hypers 3 x 10

Pullovers 2 x 20 @ 20kg

Bit of a setback this week, not to worry, Im ready to kick some ass.
Got home monday after 12 hours at work ready for bench, near end of second set something twinged in my neck and gave me a god awful headache, neck hasnt been right since and had 12 hour days all week so laid off it all week and have been stretching, feels good now so ready to go. 200 squat is in sights!!!

Monday just gone

Bench

75 x 10
75 x 10

CG Bench

65 x 10
65 x 10

Incline

60 x 10
60 x 10

hiatus and rest for the week

Today light bench

Bench

65 x 10
65 x 10

Dips

BW x 8
BW x 8

Pullover 2 x 20 @ 20kg
Chins 3 x 5
Fucked around and did some flyes, havent done them in ages :D

Off to work soon, footy run, woo hoo, get paid to watch crows smash port.

So neck feeling better, back feeling good, nose and head still blocked with snot thanks to the little fella passing on his lurgie.
Reset back a couple of weeks with squats and deads.

Squats

85 x 5
105 x 5
125 x 5
145 x 5
165 x 3 fail, wanted 5

V- Bar Rows

80 x 5
80 x 5
80 x 5
80 x 5
80 x 5

Hypers BW x 2 x 10
(I swear the hyper bench could be used as a torture device for someone with a cold)

Situps BW x 2 x 10

doing great considering the virus, Grippy.

ps hypers are a torture device, period. no viruses required. :eek:

lemon, manuka honey, hot water and a dash of overproof rum. before bed.
you will sleep, it helps the congestion and you'll feel better.
administer every evening until you are 100%.

Cheers for the advice Miss Mango, all is good, just bit of a sore throat and stuffed up head.
Not sure if its due to not squatting for a week or having a bit of a lurgie but shit I am sore today from squats yesterday.
Quick session before bed tonight

Bench

77.5 x 8
77.5 x 8

CG Bench

70 x 8
70 x 8

Incline Bench

65 x 8
65 x 8

Well the year is done, didnt finish as well as I hoped but gave it a fair ol fukin crack during the year, started fat, finished fat, but bigger and stronger. Plowed through the year utilising simple 5 x 5 methods and added a heap to my dead, squat and a teency tiny bit to my bench but overall feel much stronger!!!! So still fat, but stronger, will keep plugging away this year and add in a shit load of hiit and keep up with the 5 x 5 (it works for me) and keep going with sled drags (just cos I like em)
So start of the year measurements were: and now
Thighs 23 inches.............................now 26.5/27 inches
Chest across nipples 45 inches...........now 49 inches
Waist 43 inches...............................44 inches yeah yeah fat I know
Arms 16 inches................................ a hair over 17 inches

Pics start of year
IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

And now, dont laugh at the posing, I have no fukin idea and had to quickly bust a move while phone was on timer resting on bathroom bench :d

transf1_zps370e5816.jpg

trans3_zps5e8405ac.jpg

transf4_zpsbb831f70.jpg

Best lifts this year, Dead 240 x 1 and 230 x 3, Squat 200 x 1 and recently 190 x 5

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErYkT_yXT_Q]Deadlift 240 x 1 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5bA1aLjBJU]Squat 190 x 5 - YouTube[/ame]

you did good this year, Grippy!

you did better than good!

next year there's just more running around and dragging sleds but otherwise, keep doing what you're doing :)

Happy New Year to you, the Mrs and the kidlets!

Thanks fellas, and a big happy New year to you too chilli.
Nice quiet one here, big kid out with her friends, Mrs and little fella went out, I got the house to myself and slept, had to get up at 330 for work yesterday and working all day till 8 tonight so no pissin on for me,

Nice work Grippy. You got big quads coming along!

Nice lifts made this year too champ, you should be proud of your achievements :)