• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

high bar squat wide or narrow stance?

just an update..

I went to see a physio the day before i went to NZ and he thinks that the reason my knees haven't gotten any better is because i haven't been walking properly. So he gave me some orthotics and my knees don't seem to hurt much anymore... went snowboarding on 5 of the 9 days i was in NZ and my knees held up alright just got fairly sore by the end of each day.

another update..

so ive been seeing a physio once every 2 weeks roughly and initially it seemed like i was making progress but at the moment everything feels nearly as bad as it did initially..

At the moment im having problems with my knees, lower back, wrists and elbows.

The physio seems to think that the knee and lower back problems are due to tight/stiff ITB and glutes , ive been doing light exercise and stretches to try and fix this but i havent been seeing much improvement. Im thinking that it might be because i stand up a lot at work so the tendons dont get to repair or something of that nature.. although i go to uni so i only work about 20-25 hours per week roughly.
When i initially went to the physio he gave me orthotics to wear as i was walking with my feet too inward, although then i started walking with my feet to outward which just caused more problems, now i feel like i might have the right balance although my left knee is fairly bad. im also starting to think maybe the orthotics arent required for me... can orthotics be bad for a person who doesnt require orthotics? it seems like they have sort of changed the shape of my work shoes and now i cant wear them without orthotics.

My sore wrists/elbows are supposedly due to golfers elbow as a result of doing too many upper body exercises following my knee injuries as i wasnt doing any leg exercises. ive been doing light exercise and stretching for my forearms, although they dont seem to really get any better either, they have their good days and bad days. Im thinking it might be from stretching too aggressively, so ive tried to be more gentle recently and it might be helping, they feel quite good today.. although theyve felt this good months ago. i also get pain from my shoulders when i do things, so i think ive probably injured something a while ago.. maybe when i was trying to do low bar squats.

recently i went to a chinese doctor and received acupuncture as a last resort, not too sure whether that helped though, as i had a uni field trip the day after followed by 6 hours at work and my knees are still shit almost a week later. Its getting very frustrating that nothing seems to be improving, considering that they dont seem to be very substantial injuries... just enough to stop me from going to the gym and causing discomfort. Now im not sure what to do as nothing has really helped much, might go back to the doctor although they seem useless.

any thoughts?:confused:

If you want orthotics you should really have been referred to a podiatrist. It is not a physios job to prescribe them for you no matter what they think they know.

I would give it time, and keep doing the exercises. Also invest in a hard rubber ball (like a kong dog ball) to use as a self massage tool. Basically you sit your ass on it and find the sore spot and hold it for 10 seconds then keep doing it in other spots. Same with your IT band. The physio should be giving your manual therapy as well hopefully which will do a similar thing (just better but a lot more expensive).

If you want orthotics you should really have been referred to a podiatrist. It is not a physios job to prescribe them for you no matter what they think they know.

I would give it time, and keep doing the exercises. Also invest in a hard rubber ball (like a kong dog ball) to use as a self massage tool. Basically you sit your ass on it and find the sore spot and hold it for 10 seconds then keep doing it in other spots. Same with your IT band. The physio should be giving your manual therapy as well hopefully which will do a similar thing (just better but a lot more expensive).

yeah the physio has been giving me manual therapy which seems to help a bit, i will look into getting a hard rubber ball too. i think the orthotics were meant to be temporary to see whether they helped, and they seemed to initially but now im not so sure.

They still should have referred you as it is not their body of expertise. A good physio refers on even if they think they know it all :D Go see a podiatrist yourself and ask them what they think and tell/show them what has been done.

They still should have referred you as it is not their body of expertise. A good physio refers on even if they think they know it all :D Go see a podiatrist yourself and ask them what they think and tell/show them what has been done.

saw a chiropractor tonight, my back was injured in 2 places so he took an xray and fixed that up, back feels a lot better and hopefully it was the cause of my knee/wrist/elbow/shoulder pain, said it should take 2-4 weeks. heres hoping..

Usually works the other way feet cause knee causes hip cause back causes shoulder causes neck. Unless you have suffered a traumatic injury then everything goes haywire. Good luck with it I hope it all comes good.
Posted via Mobile Device