• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you grip the bar when deadlifting

How do you grip the bar when deadlifting

• left hand under, right hand over

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • left hand over, right hand under

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • both hands over

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • both hands under

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • varies / other

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I do a mixed grip but the right/dominant hand is the alternate grip, not the usual non dominant.

used to be both overhand, but then i had to use straps, since changing mixed grip i have dropped the straps and my grip has been fine so far....

I've just been grabbing it overhand (both hands) like a pull up bar. No locking or anything. Heaviest I've done was 180 which was no problem. I've done so many fucking doorway chin ups I think my fingers are stupidly strong.

Both hands over until it gives out then I alternate over/under from left to right so I don't favour one over the other.

same as above. Alternating works although I know for sure my right hand has way stronger grip than my left. Which is very strange, yes I am right handed but you wouldn't think holding a pen there would give it that much of a strength/endurance advantage!

I generally try and use overhand as much as possible.. but usually it's mix grip (alternating each set).

Over hand for me. With ezy grips due to nerve damage in my hands from crashing the dirtbike years ago