• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you take care of your calluses?

Dancelot

I do use chalk (liquid chalk) and grip the bar correctly. I have a few big ones, mostly on my right hand's fingers. One on the left hand ripped two weeks ago, wasn't painful but annoying having to bandage it up for deadlift. Most of my remaining calluses are quite pinched up and they may rip again soon. :/

I tried this guide just then: Calluses

but it does nothing. I soaked my hands in warm water for 5 mins or longer but my calluses stay hard as little pebbles and I can't scrape them off with a knife.

What should I do?

I find since I have been using powder on my hands for deads the calluses are dryer and seem to peel off better, with out being ripped off and bleeding. The powder and a better grip definetly helps,

They usually cycle a bit they will grdaually build up and them come off, not in one hit but they sort of just get torn away slowly

scissors, or just leave them. when the time is right they will rip themselves off when you are lifting :lol:

I do use chalk (liquid chalk) and grip the bar correctly. I have a few big ones, mostly on my right hand's fingers. One on the left hand ripped two weeks ago, wasn't painful but annoying having to bandage it up for deadlift. Most of my remaining calluses are quite pinched up and they may rip again soon. :/

I tried this guide just then: Calluses

but it does nothing. I soaked my hands in warm water for 5 mins or longer but my calluses stay hard as little pebbles and I can't scrape them off with a knife.

What should I do?

Where are you holding the bar?

Open your Hand, looking at your palm, bend your hand, it will form a crease, that's were the bar sits, not at the base of the fingers.

Silverback, I dont mean to call you out but I dont think thats right.

Most people grip the bar with their hand, this isnt right because the bar is going to travel down into the fingers anyway (this bar movement causes calluses). What I did was learnt to grip the bar in my fingers. My grips as strong as ever and the bar doesn't move.

Silverback, I dont mean to call you out but I dont think thats right.

Most people grip the bar with their hand, this isnt right because the bar is going to travel down into the fingers anyway (this bar movement causes calluses). What I did was learnt to grip the bar in my fingers. My grips as strong as ever and the bar doesn't move.

NP.
This is what it's all about, exchanging ideas.

For me the bar starts of in the right place (for me) and ends up - like you - hooked by my fingers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah i started doing this when i ripped one too many calluses. Seemed to do the trick

If you want to take care of your calluses, smooth them over with a nail filer but leave the hardened skin there, your body put it there for a reason you know.

tore a callus for the first time today, whilst deadlifting on my final set.

watery liquid came out, not much blood at all...

i feel as manly as you guys now ;)

mine have hardened and dont peel as much. i also hold the bar better and the skin doesn't get pinched. its also stop the pain.

sounds homo but it works.

Moisturise em. Pinch the wifes hand cream and stuff and rub it in after training. Mine have never lifted/cracked/torn or been an issue.

I use clippers to cut the mass off keeps them down.. I already had them before i started lifting due to driving..

So they are alot worse o nmy right hand then my left but they are ok.. I have seen people rip them and cause a big mess, this means missed gym time so not the best situation.. Take care of them trip cut file moiturise...

again no homo.. :p