• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How does alchohol affect your training?

Not a hope in hell Mike.

In my experience, the one thing you dont debate with drinkers is alcohol.

Drinkers take alcohol to Primary School Christmas concerts, U12 cricket matches, 4yo birthday parties.

They have no idea how ridiculous they look and are in denial as to what theyre doing to their body.

Frankly, for those I dont train, I also dont care lol

I don't understand alcohol either.
-Bad for you
-Doesn't taste that great
-Expensive
but sadly it is the "Australian" thing to do.. hell one of our PMs held a world record for drinking a yard glass for time lol. strange world.

I don't understand alcohol either.
-Bad for you
-Doesn't taste that great
-Expensive
but sadly it is the "Australian" thing to do.. hell one of our PMs held a world record for drinking a yard glass for time lol. strange world.

Good luck to you in the corporate world if you dont drink.

Once I explained the effects of alcohol to the footballers I'm training, the majority swore off booze till seasons end.

You managed to get footballers off the grog? Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiit, you'd be earning a $500k salary with the NRL if they ever caught wind of that. It'd fix most of their problems, things like.... oh I dunno, how about dog fellatio? Now there's an example of the tremendously positive impact grog can have on your life, I'm sure Joel Monaghan would be agreeing with that.

I enjoy the odd drink, but what I don't enjoy/agree with is the binge-drinking culture in Aus. I was part of that scene in my 20s but eventually grew out of it.

It would be one of the best improvements this country could ever make if the widespread binge drinking started becoming a thing of the past....don't see it happening though.

I stopped drinking almost two years ago due to liver problems (unrelated to alcohol) and I don't miss it. Does make going out with uni mates more boring when everyone's getting shit-faced though.

I might still enjoy a nice beer every once in a while now but I usually go months between drinks anyway.

Not a hope in hell Mike.

In my experience, the one thing you dont debate with drinkers is alcohol.

Drinkers take alcohol to Primary School Christmas concerts, U12 cricket matches, 4yo birthday parties.

They have no idea how ridiculous they look and are in denial as to what theyre doing to their body.

Frankly, for those I dont train, I also dont care lol

Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic.

But I have a friend who spends $600 a night on drinks and cocaine and he can bench 140kg and curl 80kg...

He doesn't want to squat cause it will wreck his knees...

He told me I can drink as long as I sweat it out through cardio the day after...

I am just being a smart ass though this is a true story

But on a serious note I haven't drank in over 14weeks (which is good for me considering I used to get hammered every week)...

Only negative is you don't get to meet any new gangas and slowly slowly my resources will be used up... And the best way to boost the resources is through getting drunk in a club lol...

Sad story.

I just re read my post and I hope it makes more sense to you then it does to me...

Also by resources I mean gangas who have sex lol

How the fuck do you even spend $600 in a night? I think if I consciously wrote out an expensive list of stupid shit I could do in one night I couldnt pass $200.

I enjoy a wine or a beer maybe once or twice a week. I get drunk once a month maybe. I agree with everyone who has said Australia as a whole drinks WAY too much.
Training wise, it has a negative effect. Even if I don't have much and don't feel seedy, the time spent drinking is not spent eating and drinking milk. I always lift better after a good day of eating.

I stopped drinking almost two years ago due to liver problems (unrelated to alcohol) and I don't miss it. Does make going out with uni mates more boring when everyone's getting shit-faced though.

I might still enjoy a nice beer every once in a while now but I usually go months between drinks anyway.

Not everyone who drinks is an alcoholic.

Where did I say they were ?

Is every guy that sucks a dick gay?

Is everyone that snorts coke a druggie?

Probably not.

^ I don't get your post but in the previous one it looked like you were labelling all drinkers.

You managed to get footballers off the grog? Shhhiiiiiiiiiiiit, you'd be earning a $500k salary with the NRL if they ever caught wind of that. It'd fix most of their problems, things like.... oh I dunno, how about dog fellatio? Now there's an example of the tremendously positive impact grog can have on your life, I'm sure Joel Monaghan would be agreeing with that.

I enjoy the odd drink, but what I don't enjoy/agree with is the binge-drinking culture in Aus. I was part of that scene in my 20s but eventually grew out of it.

It would be one of the best improvements this country could ever make if the widespread binge drinking started becoming a thing of the past....don't see it happening though.

Most of you underestimate the effect Max has on people.

I told them what he lifts, how fast he is, how high he jumps. Most of the boys are aged 18-22. Max has never tasted alcohol.

Last night he box squatted 220kg while they watched, they squat 135kg (best lift) they average 110kg.

They have raced against Jesse, they've seen the box jumps.

Being a good trainer has less to do with what you can do and more to do with what your clients have achieved, most on here forget that.

So far, most trust me. When I talk to them, they listen. They also ask questions about food and drink.

The season hasnt started yet, long way to go.

^ I don't get your post but in the previous one it looked like you were labelling all drinkers.

Really, you dont understand that?

If you dont big fella, I cant explain it any better, someone else can try

Really, you dont understand that?

If you dont big fella, I cant explain it any better, someone else can try

If you suck dick you're more than likely gay. If you snort coke you're most likely a druggie. But it's pretty easy to drink without being an alcoholic. Unless you're specifically talking about the kind of people that bring grog to an U12 cricket match then yeah you've got major problems.

Looking back at your first post I think I just misread it.

I know it's stupid to mix drugs and training but how did guys like Doug Young get away with snorting coke, drinking heavily, and even smoking between sets? Was it the genetics or the dbol or what? I don't think I'd ever be able to train like that.

People make their own choices with regards to alcohol. I drink too much and would like to cut it out altogether but it just tastes so damn good :)

'Activists' that are in your face and call you an idiot for drinking make we want to have another drink :p Its like when vegetarians tell me not to eat meat... my response is always I'll eat two bits of meat for every bit you don't eat :)