• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How does alchohol affect your training?

How does reading forums on the internet affect your training?

Some people say that the internet is a dangerous place for people with little reasoning ability.

The first thing I do after the gym on mondays is go to the pub, Tuesdays ill drink if im out for dinner if not ill drink at home, Fridays ill go to the pub after work and sometimes go out for a drink on sunday night if im not out sundays ill drink at home lol, im not a binge drinker i drink because i enjoy to have a drink.

You enjoy putting a toxin in your body, I just can't get that, I really can't

Not a hope in hell Mike.

In my experience, the one thing you dont debate with drinkers is alcohol.

l
So true this...I give up.

They aren't looking for a white knight to save them :)

Live and let live etc, I've copped shit from friends for not drinking but I just tell them I really don't care when they come up with a new 'Man I was so smashed last night' story.

Dunno if it would really, there is plenty of underage drinking in America.

Binge drinking is a cultural problem that won't just be solved by legislation.

Drinks taste good, there's the social element, being drunk is fun. Not everyone feels like shit or ends up puking after a night out so it's not obvious that alcohol is that bad for you.

I'm doing my best to bite my tongue here.

You idiots allow the Government to be your social conscience.

They ALLOW you to drink alcohol, a devastating drug to society, so you think its okay.

If anyone on here decides to take steroids, a drug they DONT allow you to take, you judge them.

Here is the truth. Alcohol is so much more dangerous than steroids, that attempting to compare them is impossible.

So if I'm at a party, and I pull out my syringe with 400ml of Testosterone Cypionate in it, and proceed to inject it in my glute, all the piss weak fat pricks with a stubby in there hand will reel around in horror and deride my activities as foolhardy and dangerous.

I sometimes wonder why some have such large heads seeing as there is nothing in them.

A guy posted on here, the Collingwood guy, tells me he loves a drink and wont stop, and starts a thread about bent rows, so he can get better.

Which do you think will have more effect, doing bent rows correctly or stop drinking?

Why would anyone bother trying to help someone who wont help himself?

I know, because most dont believe alcohol is a problem.

Didnt do a very good job at holding my tongue, did I?

^ Why hold your tongue when it's about something that will help people out?

I rather be called a fuckwit by someone who knows what they're talking about than go around being a fuckwit without knowing it.

That's true. Unfortunately it's so easy to ignore it and just like everyone else. Most people don't think about it at all just like they don't think about the food they put in their mouths. Too much money in it for the government to do anything about it, and the fact that some people require a law for these sorts of things is probably a bigger problem.

It's kind of strange when you think about it though, if any other food or drink gave you a hangover you'd never touch it again.

EDIT: And I'm not saying I'm perfect either, my diet is shit.

Last edited:
davidbeckham-420x0.jpg

What gets me is the people calling for the government to strip even more civil freedoms FFS if your against drinking then worry about yourself and your kids if you a parent, As everyone has different opinions on risk reward activity's.

What gets me is the people calling for the government to strip even more civil freedoms FFS if your against drinking then worry about yourself and your kids if you a parent, As everyone has different opinions on risk reward activity's.

Exactly. 10 chars.

If you are referring to my post about drinking age. I don't think that childrens brains that are still developing should be smashed with poison.

18yo are fucking babies. You think you know everything and are invincible but you are a baby. Your brain is still developing and the damage that is being done is irreversible,

All for what? Fullfill the Australian dream of beig a sick **** sitting at a pub drinking beer? Alcohol kills more then illicit drunks yet is widely accepted because of our culture.. This doesn't make it right and more should be done to protect younger people from it.

I just find it funny how this country is with alcohol but if you import dhea your an evil criminal.

Everything is backwards.

I was not replying to any one post noobs more to the notion of prohibition and it's effects on society itself.

Education is most important when it comes to making any decisions in life, I think that should be the governments priority.

You managed to get footballers off the grog?
No, he got them to swear off it for the season. Whether any will keep their oath we don't know, that's why he said if even one boy manages it that'll be good. I hope he's right and the example of Max is a powerful and persuasive one.
Markos said:
Last night he box squatted 220kg while they watched, they squat 135kg (best lift) they average 110kg.
And previously their best was 80kg, I believe you said. Excellent, a great improvement in a short time. Obviously not drinking is working for them.
PTC said:
Being a good trainer has less to do with what you can do and more to do with what your clients have achieved, most on here forget that.
Amen.

Why would anyone bother trying to help someone who wont help himself?

I'm not quite sure how to respond to this. Good people generally get joy from helping others even if the person they are helping is not perfect. To fob someone off because they do not conform to your standards seems somewhat wrong to me. But each to their own.

Edit: Just to be clear I have no illusions that alcohol is bad for you. I do not encourage people to do it. But I'm not arrogant enough to call people idiots for drinking. People can make up their own minds on things. As the poster above said, education is the key. The more information you are armed with the better equipped you are to make informed decisions. I am in the process of trying to give up alcohol. This is a choice I have made on my own (well actually, my wife and I have decided to try to do this together).

I find people who are a pest / whinny about such things push people away rather than get people to see things their way. But I expect there will be more angry little outbursts from both sides that will not help anyones cause.

Last edited:
A distinction has to be made between being an alcoholic and having an alcohol problem. This was described to me in the Army by a medic after our "alcohol, drugs and STDs" lecture, when I asked, "what about the people who don't drink most of the week, but get hammered every Friday?"

An alcoholic is someone who is quite literally always a little bit drunk. They consistently have a blood alcohol reading of 0.02-0.07 or more. They cannot handle a minute of the day without some alcohol in them. Alcohol dominates their life, everything else revolves around and is destroyed by it, they cannot maintain relationships, jobs, etc.

A person has an alcohol problem if they cannot consistently choose when to drink, and once drinking, cannot consistently choose when to stop. Alcohol does not dominate or destroy their life, but does affect them badly physically, socially and financially.

Not many people are alcoholics. But many many people have an alcohol problem. And both kinds of people tend to deny they have any issues with it. "I can stop any time I want."