• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much fish oil do you take per day?

PRISON_MIKE

Title says it all.

Personally I never really know how much to take. Currently I'm taking 7.5g every morning which is 1350mg EPA and 900mg DHA.

Where's da poll man?

My jar says for best results take 3 per day, but I take two capsules twice a day. I like to live on the edge.

How much fish oil do you take per day?
For me, the question is not how much fish oil do I take, but rather how much of each type of omega 3 oil do I take? I've written about this before giving references that shows that it's the DHA part of fish oil that matters most and not the EPA part. If you were to buy your normal fish oil pill, you will find something strange there, and that is the overwhelming amount of EPA to DHA present. Yet, if you were to grab (like I'm doing right now) a can of tuna, you will find something totally different in the ratios of these two types of fats. Here (in the can of tuna), we have 20mg EPA to 120mg of DHA/100g. That is a ratio of 6 to 1. Now please go and take a good look at what you're getting in your fish oil pill and see if it matches what nature has intended or something that is really upside down.

I do not take fish oil capsules as you know them, but I do take this: Bluebonnet Nutrition, Omega-3 Brain Formula, Pharmaceutical Grade Fish Oil, 120 Softgels - iHerb.com

Please have a read if you're interested: DHA FOR HEARTS AND MINDS

Also note, I do take 100iu of vitamin E plus other antioxidants when I take my fish oil. Fish oil is highly polyunsaturated and therefore unstable, unlike a saturated fat that is highly stable.

Fadi.

Last edited:
8-12 (depending if I remember)
fishoil:. 8g-12g
EPA:... 1440 - 2160mg
DHA:... 960 - 1440mg

and Fadi do you use that Iherb place much to purchase things?

I take 4x 1000mg AM, and 4 x 1000mg PM daily.

I started taking 4x 1000mg pre workout, but have not done that any more recently, considering getting back to it though:)

I get 400 x 1000mg gel capsules for $9.90 from my local Priceline Pharmacy, so nice and cheap:)

3 1000mg caps at lunch time. (can't remember the brand but best bang for buck EPA/DHA at chemist warehouse)

and 10ml liquid fish oil at night.

Bad joints here and I can really notice a difference if I forget to take it.

Capsules have too much shit in filler in em.

I use liquid, maybe once very 3 days. 3-5 ml of a high concentration.

For me, the question is not how much fish oil do I take, but rather how much of each type of omega 3 oil do I take? I've written about this before giving references that shows that it's the DHA part of fish oil that matters most and not the EPA part. If you were to buy your normal fish oil pill, you will find something strange there, and that is the overwhelming amount of EPA to DHA present. Yet, if you were to grab (like I'm doing right now) a can of tuna, you will find something totally different in the ratios of these two types of fats. Here (in the can of tuna), we have 20mg EPA to 120mg of DHA/100g. That is a ratio of 6 to 1. Now please go and take a good look at what you're getting in your fish oil pill and see if it matches what nature has intended or something that is really upside down.

I do not take fish oil capsules as you know them, but I do take this: Bluebonnet Nutrition, Omega-3 Brain Formula, Pharmaceutical Grade Fish Oil, 120 Softgels - iHerb.com

Please have a read if you're interested: DHA FOR HEARTS AND MINDS

Also note, I do take 100iu of vitamin E plus other antioxidants when I take my fish oil. Fish oil is highly polyunsaturated and therefore unstable, unlike a saturated fat that is highly stable.

Fadi.

thanks for that
have been meaning to read up about what to look for in a fish oil. There seem to be more and more brands coming out but none seem to give much information about quality.