• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How much fish oil do you take per day?

Yeah this is good information about the oils specially about fish oil i like this actually i was in searching for this information because i a running a oil treading company and selling this oils anyways thanks for this and have a nice day .............

Now take 2 x 1500mg with every meal (three meals a day) and 2 x 1500mg before bed. So a total of 8 per day.

I currently use Swisse Wild Fish Oil Capsules, as I got it on special from Chemist Warehouse.

Now take 2 x 1500mg with every meal (three meals a day) and 2 x 1500mg before bed. So a total of 8 per day.

I currently use Swisse Wild Fish Oil Capsules, as I got it on special from Chemist Warehouse.

Mick, don't take this the wrong way, I'm just interested in your reasoning.

You state that certain (natural) foods are "poisonous" yet you quite happily throw excessive amounts of pills and powders down your pie hole.

It just appears a little odd.

You state that certain (natural) foods are "poisonous" yet you quite happily throw excessive amounts of pills and powders down your pie hole.

Certain natural foods ARE poisonous, thats just the way nature is, can not be argued it's just a fact of nature.

I don't believe I use any excessive amounts of anything.

What powders are you referring to??

As in Pills, I don't believe a multi vitamin a day (to address any possible dietary short comings) and a few fish oil tablets for essential oils are excessive, especially since I do not eat any fish as I do not like it, I might have fish only 2-4 times per year.

would you consider it excessive if one were to take 10g of fish oil from a bottle as opposed to tablet/pill form?

Just wondering as i conider fish oil tabs just a convenient for of taking oil as it isnt something like olive oil which you would cook with and it is far from a nice tasting oil like mac or almond oil....

Certain natural foods ARE poisonous, thats just the way nature is, can not be argued it's just a fact of nature.

I don't believe I use any excessive amounts of anything.

What powders are you referring to??

As in Pills, I don't believe a multi vitamin a day (to address any possible dietary short comings) and a few fish oil tablets for essential oils are excessive, especially since I do not eat any fish as I do not like it, I might have fish only 2-4 times per year.

Ok thanks.

would you consider it excessive if one were to take 10g of fish oil from a bottle as opposed to tablet/pill form?

Just wondering as i conider fish oil tabs just a convenient for of taking oil as it isnt something like olive oil which you would cook with and it is far from a nice tasting oil like mac or almond oil....

To be honest Neddy, I have no idea whether this fish oil taking is just hype or useful.

I'd rather eat a piece of fish, I look at food as fuel, that is all, maybe I don't eat enough fish, I don't know, like everything else if I feel like fish I'll buy some and eat it, somedays I feel like beef, somedays I feel like eating just veggies, I don't stick to any one thing really.

The oil in a capsule...to me, smells rancid.

Yeah for me i would prefer to eat fish instead of the fish oil tabs, but would much prefer the tabs over the oil itself, i think to use it as a supp to increase your goods fats is the best way as for the other benefits they claim i have no idea if it works or not....

I think sometimes people (not directly implying you @Silverback; ) taking 10 fish oil tabs seems excessive and people of query taking so many and if its of any use, but then again like i said even if taking 10 it may only 10 - 15g of fats extra a day by taking so many, so would you benefit at all by only taking 1 or 2???

Yeah for me i would prefer to eat fish instead of the fish oil tabs, but would much prefer the tabs over the oil itself, i think to use it as a supp to increase your goods fats is the best way as for the other benefits they claim i have no idea if it works or not....

I think sometimes people (not directly implying you @Silverback; ) taking 10 fish oil tabs seems excessive and people of query taking so many and if its of any use, but then again like i said even if taking 10 it may only 10 - 15g of fats extra a day by taking so many, so would you benefit at all by only taking 1 or 2???

I guess it is up to the individual to experiment and try, 10 to me is excessive, but that is me, I've taken large doses, it just doesn't work for me.

Fish oil supplements increase prostate cancer risk, says study

Read more: Fish Oil Linked To Cancer In New Study

Not sure if many of you caught this article in the news a few weeks back - as with everything moderation is key

I was taking between 6-8 x 1000mg capsules/day i've now stopped as the benefits (some proven to be sketchy) may not necessarily weigh up to the possible negatives

I believe since this study came out, i has driven down the prices of fish oil hence why many are on sales - i also went out and bought 3-4 tubs of the stuff before reading the below study

not saying to stop taking omega 3 fatty acids, but it is interesting to see that there are some side affects

I eat the actual fish ... tuna, salmon etc.

You get better absorption and it is combined with all the right micros to have a positive effect if taken in fish form instead of pill form.

Unless you really hate fish, I guess.

I just take 2 tablets, anymore upsets the stomach

That's what I do, two 4 times a day with food, never had any issues with them, not even any after taste from the Swisse brand ones, had some cheaper ones before used to get fishy after taste or burps some times.

Need to take them with food I believe.