• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I Have Hit The Training Wall

I ate maccas for 3 months. Lifted heavy 4 times a week/did hiit for 15 min after every session and lost weight but still 12% bf. 75kg-71kg.

Dave Can u explain what's wrong with me Mr exercise scientist?

Like I said, I'm no sport scientist, PT, etc. Just speaking from my own experiences.

Before I got married I lost 42kg by doing just cycling in <18 months, I was'nt that over weight (fat) at 116kg initiallly either. Ended up looking like a stick though.

I hope you find the information you sought.

Otto.

anyone else notice this is in the supplement section

but what dave said.

Morning,

I posted this in the supplement section because I assumed I needed to incorporate something (vitamin/powder) into my training program to combat my lethargy.

Sorry this thread has headed into a different direction. I truly appreciate all the replies I have received.

Good Morning,

Have re-read all the replies this morning.

I hate to say but I am so confused with the different opinions. I think you have to listen to your body and I know that mine is telling me to slow down.
I will definately look into a multivitamin/bcaa as suggested by Kaz (thanks Kaz).
Unfortunately I have worked too hard until now that my brain won't let me stop but I know I need to slow down. I started at 82 kilos, so am not huge, and that weight loss will be slow for me.

Thank you all so much for replying, I appreciate each opinion.
If anyone has a final word to say please say it, I need all the help I can get.

Jo

Morning,

I posted this in the supplement section because I assumed I needed to incorporate something (vitamin/powder) into my training program to combat my lethargy.

Sorry this thread has headed into a different direction. I truly appreciate all the replies I have received.

You most likely don't need any supplements. Pretty much all of them dont actually do anything and vitamins will only work if you are actually deficient in something. If that's the case you should get diagnosed by a doctor rather than randomly taking vitamins advised by people on the net and hoping something will work.

It looks like you are just doing too much and not eating enough. Which is a sure way to feel like shit. 5kg a month is a lot for someone not largely overweight. Aim for 0.5kg a week and ease up on the training a bit until you feel better.

And exercise however you enjoy and what will keep you consistent. Try to add some weight training (bodyweight exercises, weights, machines anything to get started) for lean muscle.

Drop some sessions of exercise and get some rest. Can you post up what you eat please.

Good Morning,

Have re-read all the replies this morning.

I hate to say but I am so confused with the different opinions. I think you have to listen to your body and I know that mine is telling me to slow down.
I will definately look into a multivitamin/bcaa as suggested by Kaz (thanks Kaz).
Unfortunately I have worked too hard until now that my brain won't let me stop but I know I need to slow down. I started at 82 kilos, so am not huge, and that weight loss will be slow for me.

Thank you all so much for replying, I appreciate each opinion.
If anyone has a final word to say please say it, I need all the help I can get.

Jo
All the best

I still stand by my thoughts.
It's not rocket surgery Jo.
But Dave is wise suggesting adding some weight bearing exercises, if you do that, you'd need to drop one or two of their other activities.
Keep going, find your balance, you've got plenty of time, as we progress and as we age the goal posts move.

And exercise however you enjoy and what will keep you consistent. Try to add some weight training (bodyweight exercises, weights, machines anything to get started) for lean muscle.

Drop some sessions of exercise and get some rest. Can you post up what you eat please.

Hey Dave,

Thanks again for this. When you say to do some weights etc, does this include the Pump classes I am doing? I try to do about 3 sessions per week. Not anything to brag about but I have just gone up to 15kilos for squats...ha ha ha, that looks pathetic when I type it ;) . I only lift about 10-15 kilos for dead lifts and clean and press and about 10 kilos for chest.

On an average day I have:
Before gym a banana, small coffee
Breaky 40-45grams porridge or Apricot Bites
M/Tea Fruit
Lunch Tuna or Ham Wrap with salad and light mayo
A/Tea Fruit or Weight Watchers snack like a cereal bar or muffin bar and a Nescafe Cappucino
Dinner can be stir fry with chicken or vegies, low fat carbonara (with bacon and mushrooms), baked potatoes with beans and mince, lamb moussaka.
I usually have frozen berries as a night time snack.

I probably have half the serving I used to have with the exception of the carbonara because I love it.
I drink plenty of water.

Thanks Dave.

Pump teaches poor form and is not really considered proper weighted exercise.

Food wise looks ok but low on fats, and could do with more protein. It looks like it is just not enough for your energy output as well. Also you may need more food in the morning, I train better with minimal to no food but some people respond better to having a more substantial meal. Don't skimp on fat it helps regulate your hormones which will make you feel better. Protein, carbs and fat all serve a purpose and are needed. Check out some of the nutrition threads for an idea on what you need in regards to quantities.

As Andy(Goosey) stated it is not rocket science, keep it simple and just stay consistent.

Pump teaches poor form and is not really considered proper weighted exercise.

Gosh Dave, I won't tell the instructors that !!
The problem is the PT I saw when I first joined the gym wanted to give me the same boring program that every 'girly girl' gets. The best program I ever got was from the male owner of a gym I used to go to 100 years ago when I lived on the Gold Coast.
It was a 'proper' program utilising most of the machines incorporating free weights too.

Thanks again for everything Dave.

Good Luck Josie, Dave is one of our guru's and definitely not one of your regular PT's....

My Goodness !@#@#@

This isn't relevant anymore but thought it would be good for a laugh...NOT!!
I just got an email from a Weight Watchers member who said that the 26 points I am allowed to eat per day equates to about 1040 calories, this is without fruit and vegies which aren't stacked with calories anyway.
I am horrified but relieved to understand why I feel like crap.

Thanks too D1cko. It would appear Dave does know a thing or two;). If either of you know a good PT near Devonport in Tassie let me know.

Jo.

No idea about trainers in Tasmania. But if you are dedicated you'll do fine on your own if you spend a little time educating yourself with the right sources and finding a training method you enjoy.

I just read the whole thread and I am still confused:confused:

What is RPM??

What is pump??

And WTF is????

I been training for close to 30 years and have never heard of any of it??

PS, Why would you want a routine that uses most of the machines in a commercial gym??? How much time do you want to waste in there and what is the point?? Are you that strong and have that much muscular development that you need to worry about doing endless curl monkey exercises to fine tune your muscles???

I did hear you mention some where here that you do weights, but then you mention the things above (RPM/PUMP/......) are any of them weight routines??? I truly don't know!!

If you don't do weights now might be the time to start, you only need a hand full of compound weight exercises that you do 2-3 times per week adding weight progressively. All you need is some full barbell squats, dead lifts, bench press and military press, once you can do those may be add bent over rows and some barbell curls, that should do you for starters, no need to use all the machines in the gym for it to be a good routine, just use a barbell and weight plates, that should pretty much cover it:)

cardio circuits/classes offered in a lot of gyms.

Its what a lot of gyms push women towards.
They definitely give a good cardio workout - pump is low weight high rep with dumbpells or barbells
rpm is cycling (good for cutting) and is a killer

Exercise Workouts | Circuit Training | BodyPUMP | HIIT Cardio | Enjoy Your Healthy Life
BodyPUMP Explained! | Enjoy Your Healthy Life

http://afoodiestaysfit.com/2011/02/rpm-explained-the-workout-the-certification/

from the link
Body pump
Improve your strength
Perform 70-100 repetitions per body part totaling up to 800 repetitions in a single workout
Improve your general fitness
Shape and tone your muscles
Protect your bones and joints from injury
Get into shape fast
Feel confident

rpm [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DXJZ7pPhQQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEO07sXjAc4&feature=related[/ame]

pure barre [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5RXhtublwc&feature=relmfu[/ame]

body pump [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1NTP2sl4LQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN2YnWJpoKc[/ame]

Piloxing [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8kxyG-FFY4&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited: