• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm a novice. How do I rate?

carefull going that wide raw, keep in mind he is using wraps so it allows you to go wider

My stance is probably slightly wider than shoulder width. Latest video of Dan Green training with the Rhino has him squatting what looks like 440lbs with neoprenes for warm ups. Crazy bastards.

Why do wraps allow you to go wider?

because you minimise the work you nee to do, and let the wraps take over because by going woder you minimise hip movement.
you lengthen the legs lever by going wider but you minimise hip movement

Nothing wrong with going wide raw
"You'll kill your hips" or even "it's not efficient because the quad needs more loading when raw" makes zero sense

efferding+squat.JPG

scotweech.jpg

sam+byrd.jpg

Don+Reinhoudt.jpg

jamielewis.jpg

Jennifer+Thompson.JPG

0.jpg

Going to make an appointment to see Trent at PTC Sydney to get my form checked out. Looking forward to it. No doubt the training atmosphere will be 1000x better than FF!!

I'm going to be competing in the NSW National push/pull comp in November.

Having a look at the entry form, should I be ticking the "Novice Men/Women" division? Also, does "RAW" allow knee wraps; or is it only knee sleeves?

Thanks!

I'm going to be competing in the NSW National push/pull comp in November.

Having a look at the entry form, should I be ticking the "Novice Men/Women" division? Also, does "RAW" allow knee wraps; or is it only knee sleeves?

Thanks!

Depends which federation is doing the comp. Comp i did last weekend didnt even allow sleeves.

The push pull is GPC fed, which considers wraps as raw.

Yes, but seeing as there is no squats.... It's irrelevant.

If you do a 3-lift mate, GPC allows sleeves and wraps in the raw division for squats.

Yes, but seeing as there is no squats.... It's irrelevant.

If you do a 3-lift mate, GPC allows sleeves and wraps in the raw division for squats.

Thanks guys.

Didn't realise the Push/Pull meet doesn't have squats. True n00b I am. I guess it's only bench and deadlifts then, yeah?

Are there any 3-lift GPC meets coming up?

Edit:
So should I be ticking the "Novice" division? What's the difference between the divisions anyway? Preferential treatment for n00bs like myself? ;)

Last edited:
The next GPC 3 lift would be about march /April.

I'll post the full comp calendar up in the PL section in the next couple of weeks.

Just got back from my training session at lunch.

Bench day. It was a mixture of dynamic effort + max effort work for us today. I worked up to 120 kg bar weight + 15-20 kg band tension on each side (we have the yellow 40" bands, so we looped it over DBs twice for more tension); mate worked up to about 80kg + same band tension. Warm ups included 3 rep, focusing speed and explosion from pause on chest. Worked up to ME for about 6 sets of singles.

Definitely feel stronger on the bench than ever before. Will be calling for 140 kg on my 3rd attempt in the 75 kg w.c in the November Push/Pull comp (providing I can replicate my 135 kg PB on my 2nd attempt).

Last edited:
140 bench at 75 will see you do fairly well in comp :)

Just go for your own PRs though, dont get caught up in too much else for your first one.

Going to make an appointment to see Trent at PTC Sydney to get my form checked out. Looking forward to it. No doubt the training atmosphere will be 1000x better than FF!!

So I had the session today.

Chris took me through the 3 lifts, working up to my 3RM. Squats felt heavy today, so only worked up to 145 for 2. Pretty disappointed, considering my best squat is 180.

Bench went OK, got some tips for the feet placement, worked up to 120 for 3 - new rep PR!

Finally, onto deadlifts. Pulled medium stance sumo. Worked up to 170 for 3 singles. Overall, not too bad considering my best lifts were achieved with a belt (opted not to use a belt this session) but a little disappointed with my squats. I'm going to have to work on this a lot more.

Thanks to Chris and Trent for all the mobility and stretching tips. I had a great session, guys, much appreciated. Will be back again next weekend to hopefully hit some new PBs!