• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

I'm a novice. How do I rate?

So you were squatting high before? ;)

Perhaps an inch or so, but not too far off. I used to high bar squat ATG 150 x 3 x 3, so it's not so much of an issue with depth. More my technique with low bar squat.

Forgot to mention that I left some of my DNA on the deadlift bar :p bloodied my damn shins

Any ideas on how to make weight before comp? Do any of you guys/gals bother?

Right now, I'm a tiny bit over 75 kg, and I'm guessing a bit of that is water weight. I'm going to try to make the 75 kg weight class if I can.

How soon does one cut / diet down before competition? Googling the topic, people have been suggesting diet changes 48 hours prior, and a 20 mins sauna 24 hrs prior.

Or is this while dieting down concept is a waste of time, since rankings are based on some gloss brenner formula anyway?

Thanks!

Sauna/water manipulation If u have 24 hour weigh-in which the push/pull comp is. We weighed u in a 76kg other day on Sat. So you won't need anything drastic. Just weigh in water depleted or fasted on the Friday the refeed after.

The weigh-in for the Sydney leg is from Friday 2pm till 10pm then 9pm-11pm Saturday.

trent squats with wraps, and judging by the fact that this guy trains at ff that he doesnt, trent will need to pull his finger out if he joins gpc

The national total for 75kg class is 622.
I think the biggest total across all feds for that bw. Good luck. LOL.

Sauna/water manipulation If u have 24 hour weigh-in which the push/pull comp is. We weighed u in a 76kg other day on Sat. So you won't need anything drastic. Just weigh in water depleted or fasted on the Friday the refeed after.

The weigh-in for the Sydney leg is from Friday 2pm till 10pm then 9pm-11pm Saturday.

Cheers Trent. I weighed in @ 75.6 kg the other day on your digi scale, not 76 kg :p hehe

Bugger lol. U don't have much to lose.

Gloss Brenner is used just for comp placings.

Bodyweight is more for records and titles. I think in senior its 147.5kg for bench and 220 deadlift.

Bugger lol. U don't have much to lose.

Gloss Brenner is used just for comp placings.

Bodyweight is more for records and titles. I think in senior its 147.5kg for bench and 220 deadlift.

I'm gonna up my bench training intensity over the next few weeks. Depending on how I go, I may have a crack at the bench record ;)

220 deadlift is still a pretty distant goal for me. I'd be happy to hit 200 on the day I reckon.