• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Is my diet "good enough" or just terrible?

Hahaha great arguement there, but c'mon, natures supply of nutrients is the best fuel no matter what macro it contains, especially compared to something that has to be processed to eat. Anyway Pheonix, I would suggest following PTC's begginer workout and add some protein sources at breakfast and lunch, if you really aren't hungry then drink some milk or get some protein powder, if you aren't gaining strength each week in the gym and all the other aspects in your life are fine such as rest, sleep and stress, then add some more food, maybe some more nuts or something healthy but a little more calorie dense.

Last edited:
My diet is pretty much the following every day:

My advice to you Sir would be to first put things in perspective. Before looking at anything you've written after your first sentence, you'd need to go back and critically analise that first sentence again. For as long as your diet is pretty much the same every day, your body is bound to fall short of reaching its best potential...

So first thing's first.

Fadi.

Last edited:
We eat too much is my opinion. If you are smart you will be suprised how little we need.
Overeating stresses the machine.
It's interesting-we don't get stronger in the gym and we blame everything except the actual workout.

Consider reducing your time spent in the gym and work harder your intensity of work must be high from the first exercise to the last.

No matter how good your diet is a bad workout will not stimulate a change.

That is an extremely high recommendation. It's completely unnecessary. Dieticians, who are highly educated in this field, recommend a maximum of 1.7 grams/kg of bodyweight, and that is for high performance, elite athletes, who strength train. Olympic weightlifters, who have rigorous and frequent training sessions seldom achieve your proposed target of protein in their diets.

Far too many people over-emphasise protein in the diet. It's absolutely a necessary component of our diets, though consuming excess amounts of protein does not correlate with greater gains. You only need certain amounts, whereby excess amounts are chemically modified, usually as a fuel; though I can assure you, most people achieve their daily requirements without even knowing it; so consuming excessive amounts is unnecessary; particularly when you can divert your attention to carbohydrates instead - a far better, more efficient energy source.

I'll use Dr Ken as an example. He trained hard when he taped his (in)famous workout. He gave it everything he had and left nothing for later. He worked out hard, hard as anyone can. But I doubt that it was too hard for him.

Upon reflection, my thinking is all uptight. When I think of working out, I think of actual strength training where you are trying to get stronger. Too much training today is geared toward "conditioning" where the object is to wear yourself down to a nub. In that case you can work too hard.

How many calories/protein per kilo of bodyweight are you suggesting?

Ultimately whatever figure/recommendation is given would have to be adjusted to suite the individual’s need. Roughly speaking, for someone who wishes to add weight, a calorie figure of 44C / kg would be needed. To maintain; try 35 / kg and to lose would be 29 / kg. Protein is between 2 and 2.75g / kg.

Of course there’s always that exception and then there’s that “crazy” exception. In my case, there was a time when I belonged to that “crazy” exception calorie count wise. It was maintenance but it was not your average 29 calories / kg, but 180 calories / kg instead! That equaled to 13550 calories / 75kg at the age of 18. Protein was at 9.5g /kg which was only 21% of the macros.

Fadi.

Last edited:
180 calories / kg instead! That equaled to 13550 calories / 75kg at the age of 18

:eek::eek:

Post that up to "hardgainers"!!

That's absolutely incredible Fadi. I'm consistently eating 3000-3200 cals daily and at that level, I am always full.

You must have been working like a madman to not gain weight at 13500 cals a day?

It was 8 training sessions a week and at times riding a bicycle to the AIS. As you know Canberra can get really cold at -15 on some days. So yes I was physically "busy". Was also going through year 11 and 12 studying etc. My muscles were really ripped even on such a high calorie count.

That is why whenever I'm asked to give an advice on losing fat, I never (first) point at the calories the person is consuming but instead, I look at what the person is not doing physically. Metabolism plays a huge role in determining where the ingested calories end up, and we all know that we do have a massive say in how fast or slow our metabolism is (excluding genetics).

Fadi.

Last edited:
Hi Fadi, what is the best way to boost your metabolism
I'm sure you have already posted on this subject, but I can't find the post.

Mike.

P.S single word answer, BURPEE"S.