• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

is powerlifting the new bodybuilding

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
omar isuf runs a very popular youtube channel where he promotes fitness and gives advice. in this video he explains in his own opinion how powerlifting and specifically raw powerlifting has kinda exploded over the last few years into becoming the new trend.

Omar actually does give some good advice compared to a few floating around. Has a couple reasonable instructional videos as well

Who?

And I doubt it. Even if it were to reach olympic sports status it would still be insignificant in the public eye in comparison to bodybuilding. It'd just be a different version of weightlifting really.

Atleast the increase of popularity in powerlifing is based on raw lifting.

The increase of popularity with bodybuilding is an increase of figure and physique sports model competitors which is verging away from its traditional ways.

Being "fit" is trendy on the internet, and its fucking boring as shit. Everybody is an expert, or providing inspiration to others. "fitspo", "gainz" and IIFYM. Fuck off.

Bob Hoffman promoted full body programs and strength events in bodybuilding though

Bob Hoffman promoted full body programs and strength events in bodybuilding though

Hoffman , I believes was responsible for pushing the two apart, Weider, wanted control and to make as much $ as possible, Hoffman hated Weider.

this is what I've read.

tbh commercial gyms and their staff are the worst thing out for powerlifting - using any kind of barbells or heavy weight is actively discouraged in favor of 5 day splits doing a heap of unnecessary crap!

A trend I have noticed is a few people here and there doing some Olympic lifting due to not being able to do Crossfit.

tbh commercial gyms and their staff are the worst thing out for powerlifting - using any kind of barbells or heavy weight is actively discouraged in favor of 5 day splits doing a heap of unnecessary crap!

A trend I have noticed is a few people here and there doing some Olympic lifting due to not being able to do Crossfit.

I dunno man every anytime fitness I've been in the PTs or manager has often striked up conversation with me to talk about powerlifting and shit. The main anytime I go to has a strength leaderboard and before then I went some some other private gym and they were always really cool about me lifting

The increase of popularity with bodybuilding is an increase of figure and physique sports model competitors which is verging away from its traditional ways.

Being "fit" is trendy on the internet, and its fucking boring as shit. Everybody is an expert, or providing inspiration to others. "fitspo", "gainz" and IIFYM. Fuck off.

Very true.

The number of bullshit divisions at natty comps is exploding. You don't even have to train for half of them and it will discourage real competitors eventually. I understand that they all sell tickets but it's boring to watch unless you are related to them. Leave the bikini girls on the beach, if they want to be famous they can go in Picture Mag.