• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Jake's transformation 2013

So I figured a little expert advice on the diet would be worthwhile. Lucky enough in Canberra we have access to some of the AIS nutritionists at pretty reasonable prices, so went and had a chat to Greg Shaw there. He has put me on a mild keto diet - 50g of carbs a day all by lunchtime.

Have to say, day 3 and my brain is not a happy camper, it was really hard to focus at work today, everything is a bit aura like with my vision. I can feel my body adapting though, little spurts of energy through fatigue. I have read it takes 5-14 days to adjust, so just hanging on for the ride.

Not missing the carbs other than the side effects, truckloads of other foods keeping me going.

Thanks Kaz, you were dead right - felt much better this morning.

Despite new neighbours getting back to nature after midnight - (read sex in backyard - still laughing my arse off over this, you would think squealing like a banshee was perhaps less suited to an outdoor residential romp, but I digress) and a 5.30am start, I got my workout done and through a stupid-busy day at work and still have energy.

I could get to like this keto diet...

Ok.. So I have been on a keto diet since Saturday and have gained 1kg and looks like I have lost a bit of weight around my sides, so keto and macro intake is looking good!! Definitely feel harder this week. Up from 98.5 to 99.5 weighed in same time of day. It does seem a bit odd though, I was expecting to lose weight not gain it?

I've dug out my old digital callipers, just need a new battery and will start doing weekly measurements to track it.

My husband gained on it but then dropped. His was to do with the salt he was eating in sausages and cheese.
If you're in calories deficit you should be right.....
Drink plenty of water also...!

I'll watch the salt just in case - moderate salt intake now, just seasoning for meats and drinking around 3 -3.5L per day at the moment. Heart rate monitor says I am burning an average of 430 calories per session.