• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

July Calf Challenge

I would love to but have to limit myself to stuff at home so nothin' fancy schmancy with barbells.

That said, I found calf raises etc done on a step with weights held in the opposing hand were pretty challenging if you go through full ROM.

OK I'm in.

what's the deal?

I would love to but have to limit myself to stuff at home so nothin' fancy schmancy with barbells.

That said, I found calf raises etc done on a step with weights held in the opposing hand were pretty challenging if you go through full ROM.

OK I'm in.

what's the deal?

read the OP.

Viv,
You can do whatever you like. 4 sets is a minimum but you can do more. m sticking with 5 since it lasts all month.
You can do whatever you like, Standing calf raises, seated calf raises, one legged calf raises, donkeys, toe presses on the leg press or a combination of any. A minimum of 5 sets.

Me personally I will alternate each day, seated one day, standing the next.

I have uploaded my pics in OP.

Biceps can be easily overtrained where as calves can be trained everyday without being overtrained due to the muscle structure from.walking on them everday of your life. Apparently ! Its just what I read a while ago when trying to get them to grow.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Sounds like grade A broscience

Mostly because I would probably rather eat tofu and do cardio than work my calves.

lmao I'm assuming you hate tofu as much as I do and I know you're not a cardio man. Gahhhhhh Bazza, but you could have HOOOOOOGE calves by August!? :p

Nope, I think a set of killer calves are pretty unbeatable. Along with arms, they are the most visible muscle out there. If they're proportionally too big, you'll still look stupid, but if they're solid and you're solid, peeps will know you're srs SOB. I think if you've got killer legs, bring those babies up to par Groar.

Which makes me wonder... who here shaves their legs/arms (men only. Women only if you DONT :-D)? I've never shaved/waxed either set of limbs.

Nope, I think a set of killer calves are pretty unbeatable. Along with arms, they are the most visible muscle out there. If they're proportionally too big, you'll still look stupid, but if they're solid and you're solid, peeps will know you're srs SOB. I think if you've got killer legs, bring those babies up to par Groar.

Which makes me wonder... who here shaves their legs/arms (men only. Women only if you DONT :-D)? I've never shaved/waxed either set of limbs.

I can honestly say in actual day to day life I have never looked at another blokes calves.

Just wear pants everywhere bro, means you can spend double time in the gym working the important parts like chest and bi's.

For the record the one bodypart that lets people know your a serious mofo is traps, only hard bastards have no neck.

Just wear pants everywhere bro, means you can spend double time in the gym working the important parts like chest and bi's.

For the record the one bodypart that lets people know your a serious mofo is traps, only hard bastards have no neck.

This. Traps >>> calves

If you look around you'll notice that most gym bunnies backs are flatter than ironing boards

I've noticed in the last five years, traps are the new abs.