• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

jtbsupplements

hey guys,
just a question, its 1:30am and im In bed and im starting to get hungry... should I have a whey protein shake low card?? or wait it out until breaky??
I have protein but what if I didn't??

cheers
jt

whats your goal, weight gain or weight loss

if its weight loss, suck it up

if its weight gain, eat food

maintain, id have an apple or something thats fibrous so fills you up but not much in the way of nutrition except enough fuel to help you fall asleep soundly

i personally dont believe in the bodybuilding protein shakes hype, stopped drinking shakes ages ago and still put on muscle no problems at all, except the discipline to do the hard work

whats your goal, weight gain or weight loss

if its weight loss, suck it up

if its weight gain, eat food

maintain, id have an apple or something thats fibrous so fills you up but not much in the way of nutrition except enough fuel to help you fall asleep soundly

i personally dont believe in the bodybuilding protein shakes hype, stopped drinking shakes ages ago and still put on muscle no problems at all, except the discipline to do the hard work

Thanks bud,
trying to lose...
still wide awake !! yeh I thought I might be doing something wrong by eating to late, but im fine now, thought id have a low carb shake before bed because I cardio for 20minutes in the morning on a empty and iv made my self sick by not having anything before bed, wake up empty and hungry then cardio... hard work man...

I usually just have a mineral water if it gets bad. Or small piece of dark chocolate.

bowl of greek yoghurt full fat with frozen blueberries
or
cook up some bacon
or
cold sausage

I'm usually asleep at 1:30.

But when I was younger I'd wake up and make a milo.
But I think this was more due to being thirsty, should of had a glass of water in hindsight.

I always have a protein shake just before I go to bed along with night time recovery vitamins, it's the last thing I do every day, keeps me from waking up hungry during the night (the shake not the vitamins), especially when training hard. If I don't have the shake I usually wake up hungry during the night or starving early in the morning.

Good way to be full and feed your body protein and with minimal calories.

I currently use Universal Nutrition Cassein Pro, 30 grams is only 118 calories for 24 grams of protein.

I do this strange thing called eating dinner before bed. It feeds my body with protein and other nutrients, surprisingly enough I don't tend to wake up hungry.

I go to bed ridiculously full.
Best thing ever.

Tim.

Hate that feeling always makes for a bad nights sleep for me if I am too stuffed or had a huge feed before bed.

I do this strange thing called eating dinner before bed. It feeds my body with protein and other nutrients, surprisingly enough I don't tend to wake up hungry.

You must go to bed early or eat dinner late.:confused:

PS I believe most people would eat dinner, so it's probably a pointless comment just to stir the pot, as it adds nothing useful to the discussion.

I have dinner generally between 5 and 6 pm, then I go to bed at generally between 11pm and midnight and get up around 6-7am the next morning, so there is generally 6 hours of no food before I even get to bed, then a further 7-8 hours before I get up then I generally don't eat till about 9am-10am as I don't really like eating first thing when I get up usually eat for morning tea at work.

So I get hungry. So I have a shake to stop this from happening, save me having another meal and getting fat from excess calories. When I was younger and tended not to put on fat I used to eat 2-3 peanut butter sandwiches before bed washed down with a large glass of milk to stop me waking up hungry, unfortunately if I did this today I would look like the michelin man.

And yes I also eat dinner, and I am sure the OP also had dinner, so I would not really consider it strange as you suggested in your pointless post.

Just gets a bit tiring and boring at times, what are you here for?? Just to stir the pot and not really add anything useful??:confused:

Last edited:
Id say depends if you had calories left for the day? Thats why i like to count them. so i don't feel bad for eating my reaming 400 calories before bed.

Or if i skip it, Il wake up and add them to my breakfast, Good way to fit in a Tripple Muffin haha

All depends on you goals and caloric intake but