• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Linear progression

I'll agree, at the risk of being shit down for this, I have never really understood how people think madcow (1x5)is a more advanced program than stronglifts(5x5)..
I know I've just quoted 2 program's your gona hate, but you know what I mean?!?!

I'll agree, at the risk of being shit down for this, I have never really understood how people think madcow (1x5)is a more advanced program than stronglifts(5x5)..
I know I've just quoted 2 program's your gona hate, but you know what I mean?!?!

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. If you read Lon Kilgore and Glenn Pendlays books they play 5x5 out as follows:

Monday:
High volume: 5x5

Wednesday:
Recovery: 3x3 easy

Friday: 5RM

Then as you stall it is recommended that you increase the volume on Monday and add sets and play around with the rep range a bit as you do so. So 6-10x3-6 reps
On Friday the intensity is also often played with cycling between 1-6RMs and the inclusion of back-off sets.

Lon Kilgore goes into further detail explaining how eventually it's impossible to simply keep adding sets, so you must add days and recommends splits like this:
bsf8hyI.png

Haha fucks me..

I don't mind the idea of
Monday 5x5bs
Wednesday 5x3fs
Friday work up to a 2rm, then back off and work to a 4rm

But I think someone who understands it more needs to Taylor it..

Next week I'll start back doing heavy work with coach, so that will probs looks like

M-squats and light power snatch (am) ring dips and upper back work

W- FS and power cleans, good mornings (am) heavy comp lifts +pulls (pm)

F- squats and maybe light power lifts again, RDL's ring and upper back work(am)
Heavy lifts and pulls (pm)

I don't mind snatch deadlifts, so I might throw them in Wednesday..
I'll get something more structured off the coach..
Only light and power work in morning, as I'm at a commercial gym with no bumpers, the gym my coach is about half an hour away, which after work, then a 2+hour session and trying to fit in family time doesn't work
Alternately, i could get something off pendlay, everett or any of the other decentish online guys.. I just want to compete for a bit of fun/extra challenge on the side, I originally wanted to do well at nationals, but I don't really have the time for a family, plus 2 sports at national level.

I also waterski competitively so I also have to train for that 1-4 days a week depending on the time of year

Last edited:
Yeah I think some back-off paused squats on Monday would serve you well too. They are a very good exercise

No idea, I don't think it would be statistically significant though. Kristos eats less than 2000kcal a day, the biggest meal I've seen him eat is a subway. I eat 4,500kcal a day currently. Yet he has a larger FFMI and totals more despite our similar weight