• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lowering Body fat %

k_21

Hi all,

More questions from me. I'm sure this has been
addressed and if so happy if someone can point
me in the right directions.

Anyway, my question is how to get your body fat%
down?

- How long a cardio session does everyone do on this
forum?
- Is it the same day as your lifting days?
- Is it more diet or cardio? or Both?

Thanks
Devante.

Hi all,

More questions from me. I'm sure this has been
addressed and if so happy if someone can point
me in the right directions.

Anyway, my question is how to get your body fat%
down?

- How long a cardio session does everyone do on this
forum?
- Is it the same day as your lifting days?
- Is it more diet or cardio? or Both?

Thanks
Devante.

Losing weight is mostly diet. You can't out train a shitty diet.

Cardio is overrated, you don't need to do it to lose weight.

back when i was lowering my bf, I did cardio about 2 - 3 times a week.. it's just cuz i wanted to improve my fitness level and improve capiliarization for recovery. In terms of fat burning, weights and diet did majority of the work.

k_21, ima bet your diet is flawed. This is usually the killer in most cases.

lowering your body fat can be difficult, if you want to cut right up then diet is a massive factor, just ask ceffo, hes the crazy man for dieting down bf%

It ain't rocket science, and you won't find it easy if you only go with one method.

Go with only diet, or only cardio and you'll have to be brutal to get results.

Fix both moderately and you'll be happier.

That means a cleaner or smaller diet and slightly more cardio than you're doing right now.

It ain't rocket science, and you won't find it easy if you only go with one method.

Go with only diet, or only cardio and you'll have to be brutal to get results.

Fix both moderately and you'll be happier.

That means a cleaner or smaller diet and slightly more cardio than you're doing right now.
This, also, stick to it for months, not weeks, and you will see results.

This, also, stick to it for months, not weeks, and you will see results.

ive dropped my bodyfat 6% in 5 weeks to 9% while only losing 1kg in weight .. it can be done.. Its just brutal on your body and mental state..
If you love your carbs too much.. then there no chance of dieting ... LOL

How much is calorie timing a factor in reduced bf?
I'm considering getting from 71/72 to 76/77 but would like to keep any extra baggage to a minimum (I'm only like 10-12% atm so it can afford to blow out a lil)

Ceffo, you need to elaborate on what you did to get those results, if you were a hot chick Id give you anything you wanted if you got me results like that.

Ive been trying to lose some flab, from 20% down to 14% but its taking forever, I think its been 11-12 weeks now. for the first 6 weeks I was in a cast but now Im out of it my results have slowed down, not sped up which is weird.

How low did you drop cals? How much cardio did you do? etc etc.

Ceffo, you need to elaborate on what you did to get those results, if you were a hot chick Id give you anything you wanted if you got me results like that.

Ive been trying to lose some flab, from 20% down to 14% but its taking forever, I think its been 11-12 weeks now. for the first 6 weeks I was in a cast but now Im out of it my results have slowed down, not sped up which is weird.

How low did you drop cals? How much cardio did you do? etc etc.

Yes my thoughts exactly.

Please do tell all Ceffo.

Devante.

The diet is a variation of the keto diets. If done correctly u shouldnt see a change in weight much as your bodyfat decreases and your lean body mass increases.

I paid 100 bux for this diet from a dietitian who trains current australain bodybuilders. Illtype it out. Note this is used by most competitors 6-7 weeks from comps. As I said its brutal on mind and body. Your strength will go down a bit. Your dieting what did u expect lol.

First work out your lbm. Usually its your weight minus your bodyfat. E.g if weighed 100kg and had 19% your lbm is
80kg roughly

Step 1: fish oil tab
1-1.5 grams per point of bodyfat. So for a person with 20% bodyfat its 30grams.
I ate 3 tablets with each meal. Fish oil consumed with your. Profited only meals regulates your insulin levels.

note THe fish OIL will be your energy for the next 6-7 weeks don't ever forget to take the required amounts

Step 2 - protein goal
- 3.3 to 4.4 grams of animal protein per lbm. A 80kg lbm would need to consume 300g roughly a day
What is animal protein u ask? It's chicken, beef, lamb, fish etc
I highly recommend getting a scale. The human body naturally can absorb up to 40g protein per meal. Animal protein is 22% protein. I usually weigh around 250g Dry weight chicken breast. This means u will need to eAt 7 times a day

Forget about going out for next 6-7 weeks you will be too busy eating and also lethargic

Execution of diet
always start on a Monday see below for why.
Week 1: No carbs. And I Mean no carbs Such as rice, bread, anything made from grains this includes fruit.
U can however eat 12-13 almonds throughout the day to stop carb cravings.
U can also eat veges with your meals. brocolli,mushroom, peas radishes etc
These are free calories.

Week 2: same as week 1.
Be very careful of what u eat here as even a small amount of carbs will take your body our of ketotic state. This is when your body starts using fat as fuel. Any carbs here and you WILL have to restart this boot camp again from scratch at week 1.

Ok day 15 - cheat day. yAY!! this would be a saturday. Now u have put your body into fat burning mode. U can eat normal carbs meals. Try to NOT eat kfc pizza etc as I know the body will crave it. Stay strong. Stick to clean foods. Make sure u still get in 300g of protien even on cheat days.

Sunday till Friday back on the no carbs rule.

nOw every Saturday u can have A cheat day.

Supps
Fish oil - see above for dosage
Magnesium - 3-4 caps at your last meAl of the day.
Zinc- 2 caps
Glutamine - 0.1grams per lbm post workout
glycine - 0.1g per lbm post workout
0.44g bcaa DURing workout

Sleep - try and have your last meal 2 hours before bedtime. Min of 7-8 hours sleep a night.

Water - 3-4l a day

What you will experience:
Weeks 1 and 2 waist line will drop along with strength level. Adjust your training to suit. E.g lower weight or increase reps
Day 15 . The body will absorb all the carbs i fill out your muscles but.minus any fat. Giving u the freak veiny yet still muaculaR look that. U see on stage. This would happen for days 16 and 17.
You will however feel flat during the week.

Training days - Mon Tue thursday Friday wieghts
Wed and satty is burpees or hiit for 20 minutes

Goal is 1% per week. I lost 4% personally first 2 weeks.
Around 9% it will go down a fair bit to 0.5% per week. It becomes brutal anything under 10%. I started getting shitty at small shit and agitated

Any questions just ask away.

Last edited:
I have to ask man, did you take any fibre supps on that diet? I dont think Id crap for weeks if thats how I ate without any fibre supps. Did you have any issues?

You didnt put a limit on calories?

Thanks.

My recent diet. No celltech here otherwise it would be a different
compared.jpg

Left is 9.8% right is 14.2% 3 weeks apart.