• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lowering Body fat %

I have to ask man, did you take any fibre supps on that diet? I dont think Id crap for weeks if thats how I ate without any fibre supps. Did you have any issues?

You didnt put a limit on calories?

Thanks.

Fibred is from the veges. But yes I also took fibre Supps 3 times a day 3 teaspoons. As i said long term this diet isn't healthy but ok for summer.no limit calories ad the protien figures work out themselves.

Last edited:
Ceffo, what about muscle mass... did u lose much muscle mas while doing Keto?

cuz the lowest i've got to is 11%. I want to break to the single digits but not if it means i need to lose noticeable muscle

My lean body mass went up as i was eating cleaner. Most of us usually don't get eoigh protien while bulking. At 9% and under I did start losing weight some might have been muscle like 2 kgs but i stopped due to Personal reasons (wife not happy I was angry and tired all the time)

Ceffo, do you mind me asking which fibre supp you took? Ive looked at some and theyve had carbs in them.

I think I could manage this, no milk for 2 weeks though thats going to be a killer.

im just seeing so much fish oil... whats the reason for having so much?

at roughly 20%bf, the 30g, where do you get it? i have the tablets and they are only 1000mg each...

so what would you be for breakfast and lunch? eggs and chicken?

kal-el.. i used natures best fibre plus. The carbs on the ingredients are from flaxseed, seaweed avocadoes which are considered ok.
U can have protien shakes post workout. But try and get low slim milk ones.

Labzz - fish oil will be your energy source once yiur carbs stores are depleted. Without it thebbody will use muscle instead. We dont want that.plus its a good fats which skin organs use.

I buy the concentrated ones at 1500mg a pop times by 4 per meal is 6grams.
6 meals a day is 36g total.

Have red meat in the morning. It puts u in anabolic state then white meat after 2 meals.
I had red mince for breaky then steak for mid morning then chicken breast for lunch.

I cook 2kg chicken 2kg steak 2kg mince or lamb for 2 days worth.
Sorry can't suggest cooking tips I suck. Google some of the recipes

jchen - I had a 12 point calipre test done by a personal trainer here. If u can find somebody that can do it. Pay him 20bux or so. Its worth it. Second best to the water tank test they have at the AIS.

Try and get the same person to do it to keep it uniform.
lats - back
face
chin
biceps
triceps
calves
chest
belly button
hamstrings
3 others i cant remember

jchen - I had a 12 point calipre test done by a personal trainer here. If u can find somebody that can do it. Pay him 20bux or so. Its worth it. Second best to the water tank test they have at the AIS.

Try and get the same person to do it to keep it uniform.
lats - back
face
chin
biceps
triceps
calves
chest
belly button
hamstrings
3 others i cant remember

The dexa-scan is the most accurate these days right?

My lean body mass went up as i was eating cleaner. Most of us usually don't get eoigh protien while bulking. At 9% and under I did start losing weight some might have been muscle like 2 kgs but i stopped due to Personal reasons (wife not happy I was angry and tired all the time)

cool.. cheers for the info. Next summer (once i have a little more mental stamina and drive), ima attempt Ultimate Diet v2.

The dexa-scan is the most accurate these days right?
Yes sir. Heads & shoulders.

Let me do the maths...indulge me...

Week 1,

I estimate that my LBM is 58kg / 127lb, i'm around 15% bf, so that's 20g of fish oil a day.

Protein requirements are 420g, since 127 x 3.3 = 420. If I wanted to be really greedy, I could say 500g (127 x 3.9). Let's split the difference, 450g. Split that into 7 meals, that's 65g of protein per meal. That's quite a lot. That's pretty much THREE 185g tins of tuna in a single meal, plus a few fish oil tablets.

Can you outline how I'd split the fish oil / almond fats up?

Last edited:
power builder 3.3 would be hard to maintain but no impossible.. u would have to be diligent as hell.. i do around 3grams tops

So sample meal plan for yourself would be (380g protien) and your using 1500mg fish oil

week 1

8am - Meal 1 red meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
10am - Meal 2 red met (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
12pm - Meal 3 red meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
2pm - Meal 4 White meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
4pm POst workout shake - L-Glutamine, glycerine and 3 scoops whey with low carb milk. Also BCAA while working out. 4-5 caps. PLUS 2 caps fish oil. This will lower your insulin spikes. EVER NOTICE u get sleepy after a shake?
5pm - Meal 5 White meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
(postworkout shake)
8pm - Meal 6 Red/White meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges. Magnesium caps.
Throw in a night time casien shake if u need at 9pm.

Always eat 2 hours before bed. Too close and it could store as fat.

Total fish oil - 30g (your piss will be yellow while on this diet. U will take less after 4th week of diet say 1 per meal)
Total protien - 350g and over

As for nuts. Take 2-3 between meals no more. Too much and u would start feeling a bit full. Just take some when your getting carb cravings

Always do legs after u had your cheat days... This allows u to lift more on deads or squats and u have glycogen in your system.

Its not easy but the high protien will keep you lbm the same or actually increase it if you been slack in the protien department. While losing fat.

i put a guy on this same one. He lost 5% in 2 weeks from 18% to 13%. His lbm was the same. 85kgs to 81ish kgs..

Ill see if i can get pics of him..

power builder 3.3 would be hard to maintain but no impossible.. u would have to be diligent as hell.. i do around 3grams tops

So sample meal plan for yourself would be (380g protien) and your using 1500mg fish oil

week 1

8am - Meal 1 red meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
10am - Meal 2 red met (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
12pm - Meal 3 red meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
2pm - Meal 4 White meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
4pm POst workout shake - L-Glutamine, glycerine and 3 scoops whey with low carb milk. Also BCAA while working out. 4-5 caps. PLUS 2 caps fish oil. This will lower your insulin spikes. EVER NOTICE u get sleepy after a shake?
5pm - Meal 5 White meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges
(postworkout shake)
8pm - Meal 6 Red/White meat (3 caps fishoil and 50-55g protien) plus veges. Magnesium caps.
Throw in a night time casien shake if u need at 9pm.

Always eat 2 hours before bed. Too close and it could store as fat.

Total fish oil - 30g (your piss will be yellow while on this diet. U will take less after 4th week of diet say 1 per meal)
Total protien - 350g and over

As for nuts. Take 2-3 between meals no more. Too much and u would start feeling a bit full. Just take some when your getting carb cravings

Always do legs after u had your cheat days... This allows u to lift more on deads or squats and u have glycogen in your system.

Its not easy but the high protien will keep you lbm the same or actually increase it if you been slack in the protien department. While losing fat.

Interesting. Thanks for that. My meat intake is generally white meat. I assume that would still be a'ok.

What about for meal 1, having scrambled eggs &/or whey isolate with the fish oil caps?

Interesting. Thanks for that. My meat intake is generally white meat. I assume that would still be a'ok.

What about for meal 1, having scrambled eggs &/or whey isolate with the fish oil caps?

reason i say red meat is it doesnt raise insulin levels as much and secretes more growth hormone than white (ill find the article the nutrionist showed me). Also there are good fats in red meat.

Try and eat 5-6 eggs if possible over the protien shake (u dont want to be feeling sluggish in the moring.. Some shakes have high sugar from the flavoring). Theres 6-7 grams of protien per egg. but follow that by red meat if u can.

White meat is ok but you will get sick of chicken 7 times a day let me tell you lol...

Uncle Ceffo, I am 1.5 days into this diet. Spent about $300 on food/vitamins etc.

I have a headache, been eating every 2 hours, even though i feel full i don't really??

Help me stay strong!

My gym is having a 3 month challenge, $5K prize, the head trainer said i should do this. Not really surI want to do it for myself not a prize incentive.

Been training 4 times per week as normal and 15 minutes of hard excercise a day (stairs/run/walk etc) not really sure if i need to increase this.
The scales at home said 95-96KG, scales at gym said i am 99KG!

One of the guys said get some diet pills, i didn't bother as i did not think it was good idea

Any more advice is appreciated. When i grow up i want to be just like ceffo LOL