• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Lowering Body fat %

I did say it was going to be brutal. Lol
U will feel full after the meals but will get considerabaly hungry as the data go on
U will in the morning feel very hungry due to no carbs
About the headache are u drinking 3-4l of water?? It's a must. Also u will feel tired mentality lethargic by day 14. Enjoy the carb day on 15.
Stay strong as the first 3-4 days are the hardest if u love your carbs.
It gets easier.

Remember to adjust your lifts as your strength levels start to drop.

First 2 weeks your pants and stomach will start to feel loose. Also u won't feel a massive pump as would normally on non carb days.

Take a pic of yourself on day 14 then on day 16 after carbs loading. U will see major volume in your muscle bellies!!!

Yes sir. Heads & shoulders.

Let me do the maths...indulge me...

Week 1,

I estimate that my LBM is 58kg / 127lb, i'm around 15% bf, so that's 20g of fish oil a day.

Protein requirements are 420g, since 127 x 3.3 = 420. If I wanted to be really greedy, I could say 500g (127 x 3.9). Let's split the difference, 450g. Split that into 7 meals, that's 65g of protein per meal. That's quite a lot. That's pretty much THREE 185g tins of tuna in a single meal, plus a few fish oil tablets.

Can you outline how I'd split the fish oil / almond fats up?

How tall are you? 58kg's? typo perhaps?

If doing it right your lbm should stay the same while your fats drop. My lbm went up on thus diet by 2kg.lol

Is your gym monitoring weight loss or conditioning? This diet is more conditioning than biggest loser I've lost x kg a week.

I did say it was going to be brutal. Lol
U will feel full after the meals but will get considerabaly hungry as the data go on
U will in the morning feel very hungry due to no carbs
About the headache are u drinking 3-4l of water?? It's a must. Also u will feel tired mentality lethargic by day 14. Enjoy the carb day on 15.
Stay strong as the first 3-4 days are the hardest if u love your carbs.
It gets easier.

Remember to adjust your lifts as your strength levels start to drop.

First 2 weeks your pants and stomach will start to feel loose. Also u won't feel a massive pump as would normally on non carb days.

Take a pic of yourself on day 14 then on day 16 after carbs loading. U will see major volume in your muscle bellies!!!

Drinking at least 2L of water a day, will monitor to be sure i get 3-4L.
2 weeks feeling loose? I hope so.........

What sort of carbs do you recommend???

If doing it right your lbm should stay the same while your fats drop. My lbm went up on thus diet by 2kg.lol

Is your gym monitoring weight loss or conditioning? This diet is more conditioning than biggest loser I've lost x kg a week.

damn.. went up by 2kg over what length of time?

Were u on a surplus or deficit (overall)?

and were u on a cycle at the time or training natural?

Drinking at least 2L of water a day, will monitor to be sure i get 3-4L.
2 weeks feeling loose? I hope so.........

What sort of carbs do you recommend???

White rice bread anything wholegrain is fine. U can eat pizza but its like taking 1 steps back 2 forward. Up to you how u want to take the progress :)

damn.. went up by 2kg over what length of time?

Were u on a surplus or deficit (overall)?

and were u on a cycle at the time or training natural?

Went up in week 4. I was on deficit of calories but the muscles were getting enough protein.so no wastage.

I was natty on it. I would have blown up even more on celltech!! Gonna do it next summer with celltech. The high protein intake and celltech synthesis equals WIN lol

damn, that's nuts man.
You're working a high pressure job that requires a lot of concentration too. How did you cope with working as well as doing this diet?.. did it take a toll on your concentration?

damn, that's nuts man.
You're working a high pressure job that requires a lot of concentration too. How did you cope with working as well as doing this diet?.. did it take a toll on your concentration?

Let's just say I spaced out like crazy in meetings and staring blankly into space waiting till my mobile phone alarm went off for the next meal

When did my first bulk i got upto 91 kg, and it was time to cut.
What I did was, start every gym sesh with at least 20mins of moderate cardio(incline walking) enough so it raises a sweat in you.
Do higher reps of your excircises, or just throw it in a bit more of your excircises if dont wana loose the wieght your using.
Use common sense with your diet, you know what is crap and what is good.
And in the morning wake up and do 30 minutes of light cardio before eating, so just jump out of bed and do 30 mins of cardio (again raise a sweat)

Um you will shed kg's doing this but you'll lose muscle (i didnt lose too much mostly fat) esp waking up in morning not eating and doing cardio. If you keep your diet in check it will work. I lost 6kg in couple months. And You couldn't see any abs before which usually means a bf% of over 10
and now I have my 6pack back which should mean a bf% of under 5.
(you can use caffeine pills in morning to keep your heart beat faster and thus burning more fat) if don't have heart complications. you don't have to do it though.
Cheers

Hi all,

More questions from me. I'm sure this has been
addressed and if so happy if someone can point
me in the right directions.

Anyway, my question is how to get your body fat%
down?

- How long a cardio session does everyone do on this
forum?
- Is it the same day as your lifting days?
- Is it more diet or cardio? or Both?

Thanks
Devante.

Hello Devante,

In my opinion and based on what I've seen in the past 31 years, the best diet of them all is the diet called consistency. Be that consistency with a food type diet, a weight type diet, an attitude type diet, or whatever works for you type of a diet. Ultimately the most needed and the most crucial of them all is the consistency ingredient. It simply can't be beaten.

Sure, some ways work better than other ways for different people. Some thrive when focusing their weight loss on some diet, whilst others find their results come with weights and so on...

Have you ever employed barbell complexes to blast your metabolism out of this world and give your body a good reason to burn calories, not to mention causing a surge in your testosterone levels?

Again, I'll leave you with the ultimate ingredient that is consistency and say why not give yourself a short time to lose the amount of excess weight you so desire to lose. By short time I mean 12 months. I know some are shocked by that but I'd much rather see you changing your body's composition instead of simply focusing on losing this or gaining that. To achieve what I'm suggesting does take time (a short time), since 1 year is nothing when it comes to overhauling your whole attitude towards eating, training, sleeping, and other everyday life activities. I'm talking a life style, a healthy life style type of a change that will see you living instead of merely existing for the next 25 years or so. It’s time for reflection…

Fadi.

Hello Devante,

In my opinion and based on what I've seen in the past 31 years, the best diet of them all is the diet called consistency. Be that consistency with a food type diet, a weight type diet, an attitude type diet, or whatever works for you type of a diet. Ultimately the most needed and the most crucial of them all is the consistency ingredient. It simply can't be beaten.

Sure, some ways work better than other ways for different people. Some thrive when focusing their weight loss on some diet, whilst others find their results come with weights and so on...

Have you ever employed barbell complexes to blast your metabolism out of this world and give your body a good reason to burn calories, not to mention causing a surge in your testosterone levels?

Again, I'll leave you with the ultimate ingredient that is consistency and say why not give yourself a short time to lose the amount of excess weight you so desire to lose. By short time I mean 12 months. I know some are shocked by that but I'd much rather see you changing your body's composition instead of simply focusing on losing this or gaining that. To achieve what I'm suggesting does take time (a short time), since 1 year is nothing when it comes to overhauling your whole attitude towards eating, training, sleeping, and other everyday life activities. I'm talking a life style, a healthy life style type of a change that will see you living instead of merely existing for the next 25 years or so. It’s time for reflection…

Fadi.

Oh Fadi my Learned friend.

Where have you been hiding? Anyway you have
answered all of my questions from that little reply.

Some I didn't want to hear but take it on board.

Thanks again.
Devante.

Day 3, going well, feeling pretty good, its only towards the end of the day you feel like poop.

Just wondering this week was my gym week off (normally 5 on 1 off) should i still go and deload while on this diet or what???

Thanks

train as u normally would.. but dont be afraid to take a day off next week when it gets tough.. i cut back to 3 days a week of weights from 4.
Throw in hiit training twice a week on your off days..
Some people say u should do hiit on your weight training days but with this program u will fatigue much quicker than normal after your weights session