• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mammoth Energy Drink

SWH

Came across this drink in a local Woolies the other day, called Mammoth. I'm not sure exactly whats in it other than milk and some other additives, didn't pay too much attention, but it comes in chocolate and iced coffee.

Nutritional info is like 27g protein, 40g carbs, 10g fat, only downfall is theres like 44g sugar. pretty sure it packs like 460 calories as well. Since sunday i've been using it as a post workout drink until my new protein order arrives lol.

Anybody else come across this, heard about it or have any thoughts?

Came across this drink in a local Woolies the other day, called Mammoth. I'm not sure exactly whats in it other than milk and some other additives, didn't pay too much attention, but it comes in chocolate and iced coffee.

Nutritional info is like 27g protein, 40g carbs, 10g fat, only downfall is theres like 44g sugar. pretty sure it packs like 460 calories as well. Since sunday i've been using it as a post workout drink until my new protein order arrives lol.

Anybody else come across this, heard about it or have any thoughts?
It sounds like a revamped MOVE with another name. The downfall you're talking about is actually the best part I see here since you said it's a post workout drink. Your cells then are very much insulin receptive as opposed to insulin resistant. So enjoy!

PS: even with zero sugar, milk would take care of your insulin spike due to its high level of the amino acid leucine. Though your insulin levels would be high, your actual blood sugar level would be normal. Milk, a very unique food when it comes to this (insulin/blood sugar) subject. I'll stop here before turning a simple question into an essay reply...

Fadi.

Last edited:
How can it have 40gms carbs and 44gms sugar?

You mean 84gm carbs with 44gm of that in sugar?

How can it have 40gms carbs and 44gms sugar?

You mean 84gm carbs with 44gm of that in sugar?

Nah its 40 something grams carbs and at least half of that is sugar lol. I'm sure i'll come across one tomorrow i'll get back to you on exact nutritional values. This is just from memory

It sounds like a revamped MOVE with another name. The downfall you're talking about is actually the best part I see here since you said it's a post workout drink. Your cells then are very much insulin receptive as opposed to insulin resistant. So enjoy!

PS: even with zero sugar, milk would take care of your insulin spike due to its high level of the amino acid leucine. Though your insulin levels would be high, your actual blood sugar level would be normal. Milk, a very unique food when it comes to this (insulin/blood sugar) subject. I'll stop here before turning a simple question into an essay reply...

Fadi.

Lol well i'm happy to of found something that will work just like my shake with dextrose post workout until my new shipping arrives :) (Wouldn't be surprised if I have to wait another 2 weeks for it to come from now, i've been without a pre and post workout shake for like 2 weeks now as well lol)

Week Three
Squat - 105kg (Assist) 70kg (Unassisted)
Sam, naturally I have a question re the above. I see a difference of 50% in strength capability here. What's going on? I'm interested to know please since I've never seen this before.

Do you squat fully, i.e. a complete squat or only 1/2 and 1/4 way down?

It's off the subject of your thread but it's about you, so...

Fadi.

Sam, naturally I have a question re the above. I see a difference of 50% in strength capability here. What's going on? I'm interested to know please since I've never seen this before.

Do you squat fully, i.e. a complete squat or only 1/2 and 1/4 way down?

It's off the subject of your thread but it's about you, so...

Fadi.

I'm sure I could do more unassisted lol I just never have. With work and school I always end up arriving at the gym around peak hour so the one squat rack that they have is always being used by somebody who squats in like sets of 8. So me and my friend have been assisting instead. I've had like 2 opportunities to squat with the rack and I only put on 70.

When you say do I squat fully, Nah i'd say probably half way down especially when I was doing 100. Now that i'm off school for a while i'll have lots of time to head to the gym early and get plenty of time with that squat rack and olympic bar :)

I hope this answered your question.. :/

I'm sure I could do more unassisted lol I just never have. With work and school I always end up arriving at the gym around peak hour so the one squat rack that they have is always being used by somebody who squats in like sets of 8. So me and my friend have been assisting instead. I've had like 2 opportunities to squat with the rack and I only put on 70.

When you say do I squat fully, Nah i'd say probably half way down especially when I was doing 100. Now that i'm off school for a while i'll have lots of time to head to the gym early and get plenty of time with that squat rack and olympic bar :)

I hope this answered your question.. :/
Okay thank you. I've got yet another (and possible more) question for you. Why only 1/2 way down and not all the way down? I do have something to say about this but I'll wait for your reply. How old are you by the way Sam?

Fadi.

Okay thank you. I've got yet another (and possible more) question for you. Why only 1/2 way down and not all the way down? I do have something to say about this but I'll wait for your reply. How old are you by the way Sam?

Fadi.

Well i think i was like 1 or 2 weeks into squatting and I was only doing maybe 50 or 60, this was at the time when I was squatting fully and for some reason after every set i was getting really bad hamstring strains in both legs and I had to stop, I think that put me off squats for like a week or 2 so I started doing leg press and hack squats instead til' I came back onto the forum and got convinced back into doing them, but since then I haven't been going the whole way down.
I'm 16 btw

Well i think i was like 1 or 2 weeks into squatting and I was only doing maybe 50 or 60, this was at the time when I was squatting fully and for some reason after every set i was getting really bad hamstring strains in both legs and I had to stop, I think that put me off squats for like a week or 2 so I started doing leg press and hack squats instead til' I came back onto the forum and got convinced back into doing them, but since then I haven't been going the whole way down.
I'm 16 btw
Thanks again for your reply, though it didn't quite address my concern (and it is a concern for you or I would not have bothered bringing it up). My concern is what you are doing, or rather the way you're doing it (1/2 squats) is an injury in the making, or an injury waiting to happen. You see Sam, there's much more stress placed on your spine as well as other areas like your knees when you only choose to squat 1/2 way down. Were you aware of that? Now that you are (and I can elaborate on this matter a bit more if you like), will you be willing to take some weight off the bar and perform squats properly, the way they were meant to be performed, all the way/complete?

Let me know your thoughts on this matter please Sir. Thank you.

Fadi.

Thanks again for your reply, though it didn't quite address my concern (and it is a concern for you or I would not have bothered bringing it up). My concern is what you are doing, or rather the way you're doing it (1/2 squats) is an injury in the making, or an injury waiting to happen. You see Sam, there's much more stress placed on your spine as well as other areas like your knees when you only choose to squat 1/2 way down. Were you aware of that? Now that you are (and I can elaborate on this matter a bit more if you like), will you be willing to take some weight off the bar and perform squats properly, the way they were meant to be performed, all the way/complete?

Let me know your thoughts on this matter please Sir. Thank you.

Fadi.

Yeah that would make alot of sense. I'll brush up on form and go the whole way down. Would you recommend assisting or using the rack? Also I was maybe going to start putting some videos up of form just so I can get some feedback from some people who know more than what I do. Especially my deadlift, stiff legged in particular. I'm pretty sure I felt strains in my back after doing them today. I'll try and get some videos up soon.

Would you recommend assisting or using the rack?
I don't understand what you mean by your question. Squats as I know them are done from a squat rack. So what exactly do you mean by assisted? Do you mean someone helping you get up with the weight or somnething else? Please clarify for me Sam.

Fadi.

I don't understand what you mean by your question. Squats as I know them are done from a squat rack. So what exactly do you mean by assisted? Do you mean someone helping you get up with the weight or somnething else? Please clarify for me Sam.

Fadi.

Assisted squat rack? like the bar is stuck onto the rack so it can only move straight up and down and it like hooks on to the rack. If you get me?

Assisted squat rack? like the bar is stuck onto the rack so it can only move straight up and down and it like hooks on to the rack. If you get me?
Ahh, you're talking about a smith machine! My answer now is no, no to smith machine squatting since it locks you in a certain travelling path that may not be suited for you.

Please perform free squats off a proper squat rack.

Something like this is fine:

HF310.jpg

Or this:

bodyworx-l314sr-squat-rack.jpg

But not the below:

4494538623_f519e63676.jpg

Fadi.

Last edited:
Ahh, you're talking about a smith machine! My answer now is no, no to smith machine squatting since it locks you in a certain travelling path that may not be suited for you.

Please perform free squats off a proper squat rack.

Fadi.

Okay i'll take all of your advice thanks alot. Maybe you'd be able to help me with my deadlifting as well lol, but right now i'm off to bed :)

LOL.

I think you mean a Smith machine Sam.

Lol oh, awkward for me. I'll remember the name for future reference :)

I agree with Fadi, though I do not squat that heavy myself I do find that squatting using the rack (like the ones Fadi posted pictures of) is far more comfortable and allows a better range of motion (I always feel restricted when I have used the smith machine in the past).

Squatted the whole way down yesterday on a rack for the first time and I was lucky that one of the gyms personal trainers walked past and gave me a few tips on my squatting form.

Need some more practice before I get it right but I think I have the basics down, drive through the heels, keep the shoulders back and elbows down, ass first before legs, chest pushed out, sitting down motion.