• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Media Marketing "Healthy Foods" - The Myths Behind the Ads

No worries bud and don't you worry about Bazza - He's just a little hypoglycaemic right now :cool: You don't need to tell us kunce how many fights you have or have not been in. If you're doing a sport and it makes you happy, then more power to you :)

As for low carb vs. high sugar debate - I was simply showing how this crap is marketed these days. Of course I know that sugar is carbs, but the fact is, and the point our young friend here is trying to make, is that these foods are marketed to the general masses as something they aren't (i.e. eat all the ice-cream you want because it's 'fat free' for example... forget the fact it has 60gms of sugar per serve :eek:)

I've never seen a low carb food that is high in sugar.

So how do you determine if a food is unhealthy then.
I don't wanna get into an internet stouch but I'd say any food that irritates or lowers the ability of the immune system could be classed as unhealthy. Any food that has a direct negative effect on cellular health/function would be classed as unhealthy.

But always keen to be educated if wrong.

I don't wanna get into an internet stouch but I'd say any food that irritates or lowers the ability of the immune system could be classed as unhealthy. Any food that has a direct negative effect on cellular health/function would be classed as unhealthy.

But always keen to be educated if wrong.

If you are allergic to a food its obviously no good for you but doesn't mean the same for others.

What food has a DIRECT negative impact on cellular health and function and how?

If you are allergic to a food its obviously no good for you but doesn't mean the same for others.

well I'd say peanuts are certainly unhealthy to some people whose immune system can't tolerate the toxin peanuts contain. I'd say milk can be classed as unhealthy to some people as its supposed to be an irritant of the immune system. But I see the broad point of its the quantity of the food that counts.

In b4 the word organic gets thrown out lol. Your wasting your breath baz. I just hope the gov never gets involved in this healthy shit and taxing so called unhealthy foods.

i do think that there is a probability youll last longer on diet of *organic* Brocilli compared to say, rice bubbles.

Now, ask yourself whether a bucket of KFC every night is healthier than steak and veg?

*fixed*

i do think that there is a probability youll last longer on diet of *organic* Brocilli compared to say, rice bubbles.

Now, ask yourself whether a bucket of KFC every night is healthier than steak and veg?

*fixed*
^ this

Thanks Goosey, thinks I was slowly drowning there. :D

*came for the lols, got caught up in a fight with Baz over diet*

*fixed*
It depends. In a varied calorie controlled diet probably won't make a difference.

If your are blowing out your calories on steak and veg turning yourself in a fat **** you will probably die quicker than someone on a varied diet sticking to calories but eating KFC for dinner.

Last edited:
^ this

Thanks Goosey, thinks I was slowly drowning there. :D

*came for the lols, got caught up in a fight with Baz over diet*

Couldn't actually believe it was getting debated in the first place?!

Of course that shit is un-healthy! :D

can someone please ask Baz what about preservatives and additives or foods in general that are supposed to be carcinogens, I'm too afraid to? :D