• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My current supplement mix, what's yours?

Since returning to training and an adjustment in my views on training and goals attached to that, I have started with the following support mix:

EAA (1/2 tsp), Arginine (1/4 tsp), Beta Alanine (1/2 tsp), Choline (1/2 tsp), Piracetam (1/2 tsp) and rasberry flavouring all mixed together, taken twice a day.

Along with a morning dose of:
2 zinc tablets
1 multiple vit
1 stinging nettle root tab
3 marine greens tab
2 DIM
1 green tea extract
1 5-HTP
1 DMAE
1 Gingko

some of these are repeated again at night.

I also have a couple others I haven't been hitting every day. A greens support and a berry supp.

It seems like alot, but it takes no time and you just smash them quickly.

These plus a healthy diet have my feeling pretty great all round at the moment.
I don't think it is something that would be suitable for continuous long term use, but I will probably keep cycling it as long as it works.

What is your intake?

I also have creatine, but am not taking it ATM.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sounds like a gigantic waste of Monet to me, but again, that's just me.

Personally, I just take protein powder, creatine and a pre-workout called 'horsepower'. I'm contemplating glutamine at the moment but it's starting to get out of hand so I mght hold off.
Posted via Mobile Device

EAA's
Arginine
Creatine
L-Leucine
Glutamine
Stopped the beta Alananine because it done Jack3d sh1t. LOL

All taken pre and during workout.

Fish Oil
Vit C
Mineral Tablet

Throught the day.

Last edited:

Personally, I just take protein powder, creatine and a pre-workout called 'horsepower'. I'm contemplating glutamine at the moment but it's starting to get out of hand so I mght hold off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Well it's all bought bulk and pure so it's alot cheaper than you think. Possibly even cheaper than what yours cost if you are hitting up those ones that are all pre-made and over advertised.

None of it is a waste I think. They have all had legitimate studies to support the benefits and my use and I am finding that they work.

Also I'm not using a couple supps just to help me look big. I'm letting my training, diet and recovery take care of that.

My supps are to support what I can't fit into my diet and to help with a holistic approach to optimum health.

But that's just me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:

Posted via Mobile Device

Thats because your not educated on the topic to know what they do and why...

I read an interesting book where a MD thought exactly the same thing and said the same thing to his patients that you just confessed and he was a trained dr. Now can you imagine what he says after he has done some research on the matter.. Infact he wrote a book on fixing his wrong views.

"what your dr doesnt know about nutritional medicine will kill you- Ray D Strand MD"

current list of supps thats been working for me over the last 3 months

pre-post workout, EAA
ARGININE
CREATINE
GLUTAMINE, MIXED SOMETIMES WITH O/N PROTIEN DEPENDING
ON HOW BEFORE LAST MEAL WAS.

DAILY SUPPS, MULTI
VIT C (8g)
ZINC
MAGNESIUM (teaspoon)
FLAXSEED

Wow those list must cost you guys a fortune.
All I have is lots of food, milk and lately creatine

Muscle milk and a multi if I remember - oh and vit c coz I like the taste lol

All about food food food for me - used to be a supplement hoe but wasted to much money and just was not worth it.

Multi
Udo's choice DHA blend
Protein

Might try a greens supplement, basically I supplement for health.
Posted via Mobile Device

WPC
Cassein
DIM
Creatine
Multi-vitamin
Fish Oil

Thinking about some BCAAs or a pre-workout lift type drink but so far so good. I have a WPC shake around 3pm which seems to carry me through my 5:00pm workout OK for now. Cassein with Creatine before bed, the rest in the morning and that WPC shake mid-afternoon.

Cheers,
Mike

Atm,

During/Post wokrout

50g dextrose
5g creatine
5g beta alanine
9g l-glutamine
9gwpc
4g bcaa
2000mg vitamin c
60mg zinc
500mg sodium bicarbonate

During the day

Macrogreens + apricot kernels ground morning anf afternoon
Stinging nettle root
tresos b multi x 2 1 morning 1 lunch
1000mg niacin (b3)morning and afternoon
another 10g vitmain c in divided doses (2000mg) througout the day
5g gaba before bed
10g l-glutmaine bedtime
Biomagnesium bedtime
Milk thistle

Too start when it finally arrives from the states

Brewers yeast (cut down too 1 multi daily)
5htp 200mg Morning
4mg Melatonin night time.
Back onto dim plus to cut out the need for arimidex or nolvadex.

I was using AAKG for a while but i ran out.. niacin works as a vasodilaton.

Cant use everything

Fair enough, CM would be the only thing I would add to your mix... maybe arginine... though CM raises your body's arginine more effectively then arginine itself

I know thats why i wasnt taking l-arginine..

I just spent $300 on i herb.. I try to add as much as i can that is more health benefitial as opposed to maximising training as i dont want to split hairs.. I might add it later down the track when im working more then 1-2 days a week.

Thanks for the heads up.. I have never looked into CM before.

Damn you guys sure love your supps.

Protein - 1-2 shakes a day.
Multi Vitamin, double dosed.
Fish oil - 25-30 caps a day.

Vitamin c when I remember.

What Vitamin C do you get from IHerb Noob?

Im going to start buying the cheapest 100% asorbic acid tablets i can so i can cart them around with me..

ATM i have cheapo ones from chemist warehouse that have sodium asorbate in them.

I use asorbic acid powder from bulknutrients bought 4kg of it. And mix 2g into my macrogreens, workout shake and other times through out the day.

Damn you guys sure love your supps.

Protein - 1-2 shakes a day.
Multi Vitamin, double dosed.
Fish oil - 25-30 caps a day.

Vitamin c when I remember.

thats a fair bit of pill swallowin' you have goin on there! :eek:

Mine:

- WPI & casein - mixing them up because I have indigestion problems.
- Creatine mono - taking my first lot today

Gonna buy those multis noobs recommended a while back and might pick up some fish oil capsules/tablets today. can anyone recommend some good ones?