• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

My current supplement mix, what's yours?

Mine:

- WPI & casein - mixing them up because I have indigestion problems.
- Creatine mono - taking my first lot today

Gonna buy those multis noobs recommended a while back and might pick up some fish oil capsules/tablets today. can anyone recommend some good ones?

Metagenics have some good ones..

Though i reccomend whatever brand you buy crush one and smell it for rancidity...

blackmores will not suffice?

Crush it have a sniff.. Look at EPA / DHA content and compare with others you may need 5 caps of 1 rand to get the same levels as 1 of another.. The 5 cap onemight be half the price per 100 but you need 5 to get the same theraputic benefits of 1 of the other.. So it works out being more expensive though it costs less.

Follow?

CHeap brand costs $20 for 100 - 5 cap is equel to 1 of the good ones in terms of EPA/DHA content
works out 0.20c each but you need 5 of them so 1 serve is $1

Expensive brand costs $40 for 100 - 1 cap is equel to 5 of the shit ones..
1 cap costs .40c twice as much as the cheaper brand, but you take 1.

So 1 serve is .40c as opposed to $1 for the "cheaper" brand.

Rawsome. so is Metagenics a good brand?

Yes blackmores make good stuff as well in practitioner range, Eagle, Metagenics, Orthoplex all good reputable brands deigned to be theraputic not just Fad as found in chemist warehouse..

To clarify my question, what benefit do you gain from taking such a high volume of fish oil. I mean, if you read the side of the fishoil boxes they usually advice 3-9g of fishoil a day. What kind of benefit do you get from taking that kind of volume of fish oil that makes it worth it.

If noone knows, I can use google n00bs, but if others were willing to save me the time it might be nice.

Nic.

Because RDI and theraputic dosages are 2 different things..

60mg of vitmain c for example for RDI, sticky is tkaing like 35000mg daily with no ill effects..

You see the picture.

There is big difference between "dosage" and "optimal theraputic dosages"..

IF you have a headache do you take 1/4 a panadol? If you got shot would you take 1/4 panadol? **** now you would be on morphine...

You need the correct dosage if you want the correct results.