• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Net Calories

kaz

iLift
Is there a place for net calories in dieting?
Do you follow your net calories or calories consumed?
Why/why not?

I track calories consumed.

I work out roughly what my calories should be for maintenance based on my activity levels, trial it out ...see what my real maintenance is at a given weight+activity then work out my surplus or deficit from there

I monitor progress week to week and adjust accordingly.

I track calories / macros consumed only.

I never log exercise.

ain't nobody got time fo dat ... it's enough trouble logging my intake :p

What do you think?

Ugh.

Ok, ok.

I don't know.
I'm don't much follow any plan, never counted calories, I just eat what I like.

I like vegetables and I eat them for lunch and dinner.

Dinner is usually a large, very large serving of vegetables, with meat occasionally, depending on what I eat throughout the day.

And some chocolate, not much though

In between meals I eat carrots, cucumber, or nuts.

My nuts consist of cashews and macadamias.

Breakfast is 50mg of rough cut oats, with other bits and pieces in it.

I'll have pizza and a coke once a week

So, there's no place in my life for counting calories, it's hard enough for me to remember most things.

Ugh.

Ok, ok.

I don't know.
I'm don't much follow any plan, never counted calories, I just eat what I like.

I like vegetables and I eat them for lunch and dinner.

Dinner is usually a large, very large serving of vegetables, with meat occasionally, depending on what I eat throughout the day.

And some chocolate, not much though

In between meals I eat carrots, cucumber, or nuts.

My nuts consist of cashews and macadamias.

Breakfast is 50mg of rough cut oats, with other bits and pieces in it.

I'll have pizza and a coke once a week

So, there's no place in my life for counting calories, it's hard enough for me to remember most things.

Yet you place do much importance on training and rest yet you don't know how many calories you consume or your macro breakdown. I bet you document your training. Nutrition documentation is just as important. Yeah?

Yet you place do much importance on training and rest yet you don't know how many calories you consume or your macro breakdown. I bet you document your training. Nutrition documentation is just as important. Yeah?

I sometimes wonder if I need to and when I do I lose interest.

I've never had a problem with weight control, when I do I just make my portion size smaller.

I've never had trouble sleeping

When I workout, I workout until I drop on the floor

I'm 52 now, I sort of know my limitations.
Although the goal posts are once again moving.
I'm eating less protein than I did when I was younger. I'm also leaning more towards eating a lacto-ovum vegetarian diet.

The results...feel better.

I sometimes wonder if I need to and when I do I lose interest.

I've never had a problem with weight control, when I do I just make my portion size smaller.

I've never had trouble sleeping

When I workout, I workout until I drop on the floor

I'm 52 now, I sort of know my limitations.
Although the goal posts are once again moving.
I'm eating less protein than I did when I was younger. I'm also leaning more towards eating a lacto-ovum vegetarian diet.

The results...feel better.

Ok then. You just wing it. Cool. :)

Ive started tracking calories burnt/net calories to see if it makes a difference. Ive always only tracked consumed calories. Fitbit has made me aware of burned calories and net calories.

What's the point of putting so much focus into how u train/rest etc when ur nutrition is shit...never understood this....

Who says you can't have good nutrition without counting every calorie you put in your mouth?

Last edited: