• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Net Calories

Who says you can't have good nutrition without counting every calorie you put in your mouth?

Totally agree mate - I used to count calories abit when I was a teen - but have not counted cals for maybe 6-7 years now - to be honest after awhile you routhly know how much you need to eat to gain weight, drop weight etc - and if things arent moving increase or decrease.

Nutrition is the key to your training but if you have a rough idea of proteins/fats/carbs your eating then theres no point in counting calories.

The only place I suggest it is for beginners to get an idea of how much fat/protein/carbs/calories are in something. Once you have the eye/and the knowledge of what your eating you dont need to sit there and count everything.

I didnt count calories yesterday but just by thinking of the foods I ate/sauces/drinks etc I had around 2000 calories.

Who says you can't have good nutrition without counting every calorie you put in your mouth?

Even though I count calories I agree.

The main reason I count calories is because I love food and use it to keep me honest. If I don't count calories I will eat double what I need to maintain weight without realising it.

To answer the original question I don't count exercise calories.

I count food calories. I weigh myself once every two weeks and adjust calories as needed.

I go by

Set calories + calories burnt = total calories
Ex 2400 + 30minutes cardio (300 Calories burnt) = 2700 calories

It's working well for me

I also totally agree.
I started counting calories to make sure I ate ENOUGH as I was always overestimating before.

I could literally stop it now but am still doing it to make sure i get enough protein in each day and I like having a food diary as it's part of my food intolerance experiments for which it's been really helpful.