• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New Leverage Bench Press - anyone bought one?

matt-el

revolution leverage press seated inc dec shrugs southside fitness.jpg
Southside fitness in Brisbane is stocking a new 'revolution' brand leverage bench press for $450 that's similar to the powerteck leverage bench that retails for $850ish.
Has anyone demoed this model? http://www.southsidefitness.com.au/New-Releases/REVOLUTION-LEVERAGE-BENCH-PRESS

Does anyone have the powertech version and can comment on it? Bench Press | Shoulder Press | Leverage Bench Press

I'm concerned that the bench position being fixed may put you in less than optimal alignment for at least one of the positions - decline flat incline or seated shoulder. Anyone with the powertec model able to weigh in on this?

Any thoughts on leverage presses in general?

Last edited:
I've always found them to be a compromise and if that is your only means of pressing, I think you'll develop problems over time. I would stick to a traditional bench and bar, with db work and these as an occasional/optional bit of extra work. Which then makes it seem expensive and will take up a lot of space for something that is seldom used.

What was your purpose for choosing this style of machine?

Yeah I've got a rack and Olympic weights, and a set of dumbbells. I was looking at this for some isolation/burn/continuous tension work as an addition to what I already have. Back in my commercial gym days I stayed clear of machines, thinking them inferior.
A lot of pros (bodybuilders not power lifters) use machines a lot now, for less explosive work, and apparently for injury prevention. My shoulders have never been comfortable with smith presses, but I was wondering if anyone had any feedback on these machines.
It looks like the revolution fitness one is fixed bilaterally. The powertec one is now unilateral from the look of it.
I can't help but feel that they look incredibly easy to make... if you have a bench already.

Honestly from a bb'ing perspective (which was how I trained before I got into PL) if you've got a bar and DBs then there's really not much more you need in terms of chest development. And if you've always had problems with the smith machine then you'll end up having the same issues here as the weight still moves on a fixed plane and you start at a full stretch position which is never perfect.

Well that's true, but it was always a want not a need! I like the idea of having a station pre set up, that I can walk up to and shrug or press with ease. I agree about the fixed plane which is why I'd be interested to hear from anyone who owns one.

We've got similar in our work gym, I don't rate them at all to be honest.
For the cost, you're nearly halfway to a decent set of fixed weight db's. Can shrug or press with those anytime (as well as doing many other things).

We've got similar in our work gym, I don't rate them at all to be honest.
For the cost, you're nearly halfway to a decent set of fixed weight db's. Can shrug or press with those anytime (as well as doing many other things).
Yeah I've got the fixed prostyles up to 50kg, they're great for just grabbing and going which is precisely why I bought them. Really great addition to a home gym. I did a review with pics on them on here a while ago.
With the leverage stuff I guess I'll just have to try them out in person. Like I said, in my days of working out at commercial gyms I never really tried out the hammer strength gear. With the fact the revolution press was cheap (comparatively- Sam's powertec version is $850) I was interested if anyone here had demoed them.

I've never used the hammer strength chest press but from what I understand it's a better movement than the regular style (like you pictured). All the HS leg stuff I've used has definitely been a big way ahead of the rest of the pack

Invest the money in a cable crossover (2nd hand pref), then you can atleast hit anything for isolation/bodybuilding.

Invest the money in a cable crossover (2nd hand pref), then you can atleast hit anything for isolation/bodybuilding.
Yeah that's definitely on the list for my next place - they take up so much space though, but you can't really replace them with a functional trainer either.
I'm making do with some power bands between two columns for now!