• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Puggy

Hey all,

I'm thinking there will be some fellow Nootropic users among us. A bunch of preworkouts have some form of Nootropic in them.

I've been experimenting with some new supplements. I'm not a big believer in supplements, but I stumbled across something on the net, that I thought was far to interesting a promising to go past. The reasoning for these trials is because I have some mental conditions that often inhibit me from concentrating for periods of time as well as lack of motivation and poor mood. I've always eaten enough, slept enough but am never able to do function at 100%.

I started on 20mg in the morning, and 20mg in the afternoon.

So 10 days ago begin to dose Noopept. All nootropics have slightly altered affects and effect people differently. Noopept is known for it's concentration and mood elevator. You typically have to cycle on it for a few days to start noticing effects. It took 4-5 days for me to start noticing things, and I wasn't really looking for them, because there is alot of possible cognition enchantments available from taking this. Basically, about the 5th day I started noticing the music I was listening too, became a lot more vibrant, and smooth. Also I became able to recall my vocabulary far faster when doing rap battles with my brother, I've never been able to string together more than a sentence, but now I am going for close to 45 seconds. Driving past some cows in the paddock instead of just looking at them, I began counting them and adding up their total weight in my head. So far the effects have been mild. But for my more practical activities such a study - I've been doing a lot of essay writing of late, and was struggling to string together 500 words, everything just flowed out my mind, I managed to do over 1500 words in less two periods. I'm not noticing the full effects, as I haven't begun taking a choline enhancer to see the full effects. I'm still sleeping well as well, if not better. Best effects however have been the huge reduction in my anxiety, the ability to socialize and a better mood. However, I'm still not amazingly motivated especially not until I take my second dose.

Anyways that's my experience 10 days in, I will keep you posted.

More information about the Nootropic family:
Google contains heaps of knowledge.

http://nootriment.com/cognitive-enhancers/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nootropic
http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-...ead-how-works-what-administration-dosing.html

Last edited:
Puggy after Noopept..

giphy.gif

I need to get back onto mine, been saving it for the harder parts of dieting to see if I can combat physical fatigue and get a bit shaper whilst in a caloric deficit.

Anti anxiety would be great! Rather stressful times at work lately so I find I'm anxious a lot of the time, might start taking this more regularly to see if it takes the edge off.

Will follow your log with interest!

modafinil is king of nootropics, technically its not one, but really it is a better, cleaner noopept.

edit: and if you go modafinil, you do NOT take 200mg, you start with 50mg and don't drink 4 cups of coffee with it. max dose is 100mg. (but if you were to, buy the tablets, get the cheaper 200mg tabs, just start with 1/4 and move to 1/2. don't be greedy and think the full 200 is better, because its not, its worse)

A summary of the effects I have felt on nootropics.

Piracetam - Good all rounder in concentration, mood, memory and clear mindedness.

Noopept - Great mood improver. Music sounds marvellous on this. I call it my positivity pill.

Pramiracetam - Intense potentiator of learning and memory. Great for comprehending abstract or to practice complex movements, such as olympic lifts. Very small (mcg) amounts are needed for strong effects. Overdose results in an unpleasant pressure sensation in the brain.

Aniracetam - Reduces anxiety and lifts mood. I call this the social nootropic. Feels almost like a recreational when high doses are involved but its not water soluble so you'll have to take it like a spoonful of concrete and wash it down with milk.

As with all things: YMMMV. :rolleyes:

I need to get back onto mine, been saving it for the harder parts of dieting to see if I can combat physical fatigue and get a bit shaper whilst in a caloric deficit.

Anti anxiety would be great! Rather stressful times at work lately so I find I'm anxious a lot of the time, might start taking this more regularly to see if it takes the edge off.

Will follow your log with interest!

The anti anxiety aspect has been the most significant for me personally.
Concentration is better, but still not as strong as it could be.

modafinil is king of nootropics, technically its not one, but really it is a better, cleaner noopept.

edit: and if you go modafinil, you do NOT take 200mg, you start with 50mg and don't drink 4 cups of coffee with it. max dose is 100mg. (but if you were to, buy the tablets, get the cheaper 200mg tabs, just start with 1/4 and move to 1/2. don't be greedy and think the full 200 is better, because its not, its worse)

Damn straight, it's the king. The combination of concentration and energy make it super attractive to me. But it's strong and shouldn't be used too much as you mentioned. Also it's hard to source in Australia, and expensive to get without a prescription. Though I can probably get a prescription. I've ordered some Phenypiracetam which apparently is similar to modafinil, however not as potent. But could serve a useful purpose for particularly tough days or as preworkout specifically.

Excellent experience there Jungman, appreciate your input. Perfect explanation of noopept.
I'm thinking of some Piracetam for concentration specifics. Then Phenylpiracetam for huge boost if needed.

A summary of the effects I have felt on nootropics.

Piracetam - Good all rounder in concentration, mood, memory and clear mindedness.

Noopept - Great mood improver. Music sounds marvellous on this. I call it my positivity pill.

Pramiracetam - Intense potentiator of learning and memory. Great for comprehending abstract or to practice complex movements, such as olympic lifts. Very small (mcg) amounts are needed for strong effects. Overdose results in an unpleasant pressure sensation in the brain.

Aniracetam - Reduces anxiety and lifts mood. I call this the social nootropic. Feels almost like a recreational when high doses are involved but its not water soluble so you'll have to take it like a spoonful of concrete and wash it down with milk.

As with all things: YMMMV. :rolleyes:

I start taking my Choline supplement tomorrow. Will let anyone know if effects of noopept change.
All the nootropics and choline I am taking is 99.5-100% purity pharmaceutical grade.

alpha-gpc is a good acetylcholine precursor to supplement when taking noopept.

alpha-gpc is a good acetylcholine precursor to supplement when taking noopept.

I would have gone with Alpha GPC, but just thought I'd try a Choline salt first. I'll be taking 1g with each of my 20mg Noopept doses.
Hopefully this makes up for it's poorer absorption rate compared to Alpha GPC!

Not sure if it's a nootropic but I take 100mg 5hydroxtryptophan with a time release formula mid afternoon to help produce seratonin, so I have sufficent melatonin come bed time.

I have battled insomnia for a few years, and I find this helps a little, also helps reduce my appetite and desire to binge on junk.

Not sure if it's a nootropic but I take 100mg 5hydroxtryptophan with a time release formula mid afternoon to help produce seratonin, so I have sufficent melatonin come bed time.

I have battled insomnia for a few years, and I find this helps a little, also helps reduce my appetite and desire to binge on junk.

It certainly is a nootropic! And by the sounds it's working for you. I also use Melatonin, good stuff!

tryptophan is a serotonin pre-cursor, different type of neuro-chemical. i guess some say its like a mild anti-depressant... but.

just because you have the precursor, doesn't mean you'll make the target chemicals in the body (in this case, serotonin in the brain, hopefully not in the gut where it cannot cross the blood brain barrier, and the gut is where most serotonin is created).

but melatonin is produces from a solid light, and lack of light. ie when you see bright light in the morning it stops the meletonin production, in the evening as the sun goes down, our eyes detect this and tell the pituitary gland to stimulate producing melatonin all through the night, until you see bright light again.

serotonin has very very little play in this axis. its called the placebo effect.

edit: need to be very careful with these things, unfortunately most people are on anti-depressants, which affect dopamine and serotonin, and drug interactions can cause real negative side effects. very touch subject.

need to think, why are you lacking serotonin? whats the cause? because that is the solution, real talk.

Last edited: