• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA lifters at ProRaw Rep Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTC

There were a couple of PA lifters at the CAPO Southern States on Sunday.

We were discussing ProRaw and they said they were going to compete at the RC.

It seems a rep comp is not classed as a PL comp, so they are free to compete. Last year a PA lifter won a SM comp, so I guess its cool. We have 2 lifts in the 5 that are not PL anyway.

The catch is that you must be a member of ProRaw to enter.

I figured a way around this for PA lifters, who arent allowed to join ProRaw.

Instead of a $100 membership and $50 comp fee, they only pay a $100 fee to compete as a non member, seeing they only get 1 comp a year, as opposed to 3-4 comps a year for members.

Minh had already told me that he could see no reason why PA lifters couldnt compete anyway, seeing as its not a PL comp.

Looking forward to this now, some mighty strong boys and girls at PA, come get my money.

Hopefully they get the all clear
You always want the best athletes competing as often as possible as it's good for promotion of the sport

Come get my money......$4000 in cash, first 6 placings are in the money

Can Steve Pritchard bench 150kg x 25?

Will anyone hit 30 reps in the squat?

Can anyone beat Max in the C&J?

How much will Nick win the UDL's by?

lol...........All I want is the best going against the best.

It appears that I am the only one motivated enough to get it done. PA cant do it, CAPO cant do it.

I have managed to get Dave Park and Wayne Howlett competing again. Waiting on Odell Manual. These guys are too gifted to not be actively competing.

Our PL community in Australia is too small for division.

Awesome news PTC..

It should open things up a little more..
And in an environment that does not really benefit one over the other..

I'd be interested in coming down for a look see for sure..

I'm Pro Lifter

Anything I can do to have a lifter lift, I will do.

Removing hurdles is my game lol

any PA lifters better double check
with ASADA before competiting
-i can do this officially if you guys want

Markos promote it as a SM challenge and it should be fine
but as a PL lift challenge your gonna get lifters in trouble

ok made a few calls

doesn't seem like it can happen

they said if you are deadlifting fridges, squating stones and bench pressing anything but a barbell its ok

but its too similiar to say that it is not powerlifting

if one picture looks like a pl lift and an ASADA PL lifter is seen with a non tested they will repremanded by ASADA, not PA

just so everyone knows, PA has nothing to do with this ruling, its a WADA ruling

that is the geest of the convo

Thanks Minh.

I guess its up to you guys to check with ASADA as to why you cant compete, its out of PA's hands

I suppose you guys could argue that 25 reps of bench press in t shirt and shorts has no resemblance to 1 rep in a lifting suit.

Pics dont tell the story, videos do. No pics will be taken at the comp, cameras will be banned.

I am available to speak to ASADA.

It will be called the Ironedge Strongman Rep Challenge.

You guys can also mention that PA does not oppose you guys competing.

I'm trying to remove hurdles fellas

Minh, I know ASADA read this forum, you told me so, have someone come on and explain WHY they cant lift in a strongman rep comp.

They wont be joining a fed
They wont be powerlifting
They can still be drug tested randomly
They wont have pics taken
They can enter under an alias, I dont need ID

just allow straps then it's not powerlifting.
There's no issue with allround weightlifting and the variations of deadlifts we do there, double overhand no hook, fat bar etc. Even standard deadlift when it's in a comp with other obscure lifts like dumbell swing.

the problem you have is that with Proraw in the name, it could be seen as being sanctioned by another powerlifting organisation.
If it was called the PTC Ironedge Rep challenge there's nothing against PA regulations.

For example, I'd have issues if a strongman comp was called the CAPO WA strongman titles, but no issue for the same people promoting the same comp without CAPO in the title.

Here's the two legal wordings to work around

"
1.3 P.A. and/or its Members shall not affiliate with, nor participate as a lifter, coach or official
in the activities of an Australian or international powerlifting organization other than the
I.P.F., or an organization within the structure of the I.P.F. (that including P.A.). If a
Member does so affiliate with or participate in the activities of a non-I.P.F. powerlifting
organization, that Member’s membership may be deemed to be terminated as of the date of
their affiliation or participation in the non-I.P.F. organization, upon the ruling of the Board. "

and

"
2.1 Natural persons shall not be admitted as Members of P.A. if they also, at the time of their
application for membership, maintain a membership of or participation in the activities of
any powerlifting organization which does not adhere to an Anti-Doping Policy substantially
similar to the Anti-Doping Policy of P.A. Further, any person who is a Member of P.A. and,
to the satisfaction of the Board, is found to have taken out a membership or participated as a
lifter, coach or official in the activities of any powerlifting organization which does not
adhere to an Anti-Doping Policy substantially similar to the Anti-Doping Policy of P.A. may
be deemed by ruling of the Board to have forfeited their membership and that membership
may be cancelled"

ASADA seem to have no issues at all with AWF Weightlifters competing in CAPO comps.

Is Minh telling furfies again. He said its ASADA's call, not PA's

ASADA are made out to villains, but it appears they are not, as with allowing WL compete in PL, and a non tested Fed.

For the record, CAPO nor ProRaw can join ASADA, as they only recognize one Fed.

I will eliminate the ProRaw name from this comp if it allows lifters from everywhere to compete.

Some lifter from PA needs to contact ASADA and find out if they can lift or not.

Minh said PA wont stop anyone, its all ASADA

The blatant fact is these rules sound like a crock of shit. How does competing in other forms of competition effect you being drug tested? It doesn't.

Is Minh telling furfies again. He said its ASADA's call, not PA's

ASADA are made out to villains, but it appears they are not, as with allowing WL compete in PL, and a non tested Fed.

For the record, CAPO nor ProRaw can join ASADA, as they only recognize one Fed.

I will eliminate the ProRaw name from this comp if it allows lifters from everywhere to compete.

Some lifter from PA needs to contact ASADA and find out if they can lift or not.

Minh said PA wont stop anyone, its all ASADA

Im coming down tomo with Minh to be a mediator bro....

Btw do you need any of my over expensive Total Science Sustain? :eek:

Im coming down tomo with Minh to be a mediator bro....

Btw do you need any of my over expensive Total Science Sustain? :eek:
2 drums of premium for the evo
icon14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.