• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA raw Nationals - Melbourne

The no talc thing is surprising. While I understand that the venue makes the rules in this case, what would happen if footballers were told they couldnt use long stops at a venue?

They would play elsewhere.

Hope this doesnt effect some big deadlifts

Will this be a rule at other PA venues?

Doesnt really make it a level playing feild.

Having said that, the Weightlifting Centre is one of the best places to hold comps

What does the IPF rule book state on the use of talc

Does a lifter have the right to refer to the rule book?

Can records be set at this comp?

Records can be set at this comp. A few are going to establish new Raw records (apart from Scott Hill trying to break his own). Same with the equipped comp the following day.

Does talc give you a better grip than chalk? Never heard of it till now.

talc is for slip, chalk is for grip.

Generally talc is applied to the thighs so the bar slides easilly up on a deadlift. Also helps getting on suits/shirts I think.

AFAIK it's not a chalk substitute. You put it on your thighs while deadlifting so there's less friction as the bar slides up your thigh. (I've never used it and I have no idea how much it helps.)

You will be able to set national records at this comp - you just need to have 3 national level referres judge it, which there will be at this comp.

The IPF rulebook says that "the use of oil, grease or other lubricants on the body, or personal equipment is strictly prohibited. Baby powder, resin, talc or magnesium carbonates are the only substances that may be added to the body or attire. Not the wraps."

Talc is permitted, but there is nothing in the rules to say you must be given the right to use it. If the rule said something like "the lifter can use talc on their body" they might have a case to refer to the rulebook.

Records can be set at this comp. A few are going to establish new Raw records (apart from Scott Hill trying to break his own). Same with the equipped comp the following day.

Does talc give you a better grip than chalk? Never heard of it till now.
yeah its loads better for grip give it a go

it's not like chalk is banned, it's just talc which most of us don't use in training anyway.
Not having talc is really only going to make a difference on an absolute grinder of a max effort lift.

it's not like chalk is banned, it's just talc which most of us don't use in training anyway.
Not having talc is really only going to make a difference on an absolute grinder of a max effort lift.

Like a record attempt, which is what I was alluding too.

Same rules in QLD for instance this weekend at PA event?

Like a record attempt, which is what I was alluding too.

Same rules in QLD for instance this weekend at PA event?

Equivalent example would be a CAPO event without a Monolift like the recent QLD comp.
In this case good venue with a talc ban is better than a bad venue with talc allowed. Good lifters will adjust to the conditions.

Good point.

Although a Monolift is irrelevant in raw comps, and the QLD states had one equipped lifter, a 56kg girl, but you make a good point.

I know one equipped lifter wont be competing at States because I dont have, nor want, a Monolift.

At all CAPO Nationls, where WR can be set, there is a Monolift though.

This is a Nationals on the weekend, is it not?