• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

possibly the dumbest nutrition advice

Lol
karen ansel: The ada's greatest troll.
Haha, you're joking, right? My question to karen ansel would be: "why?" why is it better to eat a sugary and trans fat-laden doughnut than to skip breakfast all together? Clearly our bodies are not capable of functioning for more than a few hours without food---evolution heavily favours this notion... You are the spokesperson for the ada and yet there is so many things wrong with your statement that it goes way beyond the scope of this comment. Nice troll karen, nice troll.

Me...LOL
whizzer_1 said:
That's a load of garbage. Nothing wrong with staying fasted for an hour or 2, it's the total caloric intake for the day that counts. I highly do not recommend starting the day with a donut. Worse advice ever.

Last edited:
<---Fasts 16-18 everyday my fucking brain works fine :D

Just typically mis-guided idiots.

I would question the first part but I doubt it has anything.g to do with fasting .

Second part the issue is what the are taught and how people don't research for themselves now at all. But as stated what do you expect from a magazine like that.

I would question the first part but I doubt it has anything.g to do with fasting .

Second part the issue is what the are taught and how people don't research for themselves now at all. But as stated what do you expect from a magazine like that.
FU Dave... :D

Well my comment got posted -

Fasting is GOOD (so is a doughnut)
It takes 84 hours of fasting to decrease blood glucose levels to the point where it negatively effects mental state - Importance of blood glucose concentration in re... [Am J Physiol. 1990] - PubMed - NCBI Which at that point ketosis adaptations are taking place. 48 hours does not negatively effect Cognitive performance, activity, sleep, and mood are not adversely affected in healthy humans - A double-blind, placebo-controlled test of 2 ... [Am J Clin Nutr. 2008] - PubMed - NCBI Another industry professional with no idea!

sorrry im late!!! What a heck of a headline!!!

What's Healthier: Skipping Breakfast or Grabbing a Doughnut?

I see that as a strange question. What's more enjoyable, watching an episode of desperate housewives or sex and the city? Perhaps that didn't really demonstrate my point very well. Both things are (IMO) not much of not much. Its a pretty stock standard false delema problem, where there's only 2 options. Do you want salad or chips? Actually I can have both, neither, one, the other or I can enjoy the gooey flavor from my nose.

Im tempted to ask 'why s donut is a better choice than waiting to lunch, instead id chose to ask 'how, that would give a better answer. Ldts also remember that the donut was probably just a figurative icon, the underlying point was possibly something is better than nothing.

Been listening to Dr Karl on triple j and over the last few weeks and have heard him give some diet advise that is pretty dodgy as far as I know. Max, dave or anyone else can correct me if I am wrong.

He said it is good for you to be a bit hungry all the time.

And long term high protein diets overload the kidneys.

Been listening to Dr Karl on triple j and over the last few weeks and have heard him give some diet advise that is pretty dodgy as far as I know. Max, dave or anyone else can correct me if I am wrong.

He said it is good for you to be a bit hungry all the time.

And long term high protein diets overload the kidneys.

Yeah bullshit. Being hungry is fine but not after you eat and not all the time. Dr Karl should keep out of this area, among many others.