• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Post your shake Recipes

Also for people making shakes try using frozen bananas they make the texture so good as well as making it nice and cool.

Last edited:
Also for people making shakes try using frozen bananas they make the texture so good as well as making it nice and cool.
I work at a gym & they often freeze the bananas already cut up & throw them in the protein shakes. Also, has anyone tried letting them go real brown before using them? Brings out the flavour big time (though the less ripe they are, the higher GI)

I work at a gym & they often freeze the bananas already cut up & throw them in the protein shakes. Also, has anyone tried letting them go real brown before using them? Brings out the flavour big time (though the less ripe they are, the higher GI)

Yeah it's a great trick, buy heaps of bananas, then the ones that you can't eat pop em in the freezer for shakes.

Here's my typical post training shake:)

1 scoop whey isolate
1 frozen banana or 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 tsp green tea powder
1 handful of greens, such as baby spinach or kale

Wiz it all up in the blender and voila! a "Green muscle building machine" protein smoothie!
I know what youre thinking, spinach?? kale?? what the??? The good thing about adding the greens is you dont even taste them! the fruit generally overrides the flavour, you get heaps of fiber since not juicing, ofcourse heaps of vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll- and they also help to alkalize the body, helping with muscle recovery.
Enjoy!, FFF x

Night Time Protein Drink:

400ml Organic Unhomogenised Milk
60g Micellar Casein
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
1/4 Teaspoon Organic Cinnamon Powder
Add Stevia (to sweeten to your liking)

My current calorie/protein loader (half before bed, half on waking)

1 litre of organic milk (protein, fats, carbs)
4 scoops of BSN vanilla whey (more protein)
4 tbsp of Chia seeds (more protein, macro nutrients)
4 tbsp almond butter (more protein, fat, and magnesium)
1 tsp freshly grated cinnamon stick (taste and fat burning)

Works out around 70gms protein, 50gms fat, 60 gms carbs, PER 500ml shake, and I get two out of this recipe. Note it is also around 1000 calories/ 4200 kilojoules per shake, so I have made sure I have a good fat burning strategy to counter it.

Halve all ingredients for a single shake serving.

Last edited:
Five-0 Fluff Shake

Five-0 Fluff Shake

1 cup diced frozen mango,

1 scoop WPC, (Any WPC will do)

1 Tbsp organic shredded coconut,

250ml coconut water

add in some fish or flaxseed oil for omega 3s (optional)

Whizz, drink.

Da-da-da-da-da-dahhhhh ... :))

Last edited by a moderator:
The Beast:

1 cup of oats
1.5 cups of milk
4 scoops of protein powder (I use vanilla from BN)
Tea spoon of cinnamon (optional)

Put oats in milk and soak for 20min, than add protein powder, optional cinnamon, and wizz it up=Yum

1) My basic shake:

40 gram of WPI what ever flavour you like, 2 large ice cubes and 250ml full cream milk, shake it up in shaker and slam it down!

2) Carb shake:

Add 30 gram of powdered oats to above.

3) Mass Gainer shake:

Add 30 grams of dextrose and 100ml of full cream milk to either shake 1 or 2.

4) Ice crush shake:

6-7 large ice cubes, 150 ml full cream milk 40gram WPI 10gram dextrose, blend in blender till slushi consistency, will taste like a Gloria Jeans iced chocolate or vanilla ice if done correctly, use what ever flavour WPI you like best.

Meal replacement shake. Where I work, i'm only allowed to have one lunch break. So I have my lunch during that, then a couple of hrs later have this one so serve as a 2nd "meal"

2 cups whole milk
whole punnet of blueberries (125g)
whole tub of lowfat cottage cheese (200g)
1 scoop whey
1/3 cup quick oats

Prot 70
carbs 70
fat 20

Post workout Shake
- 30 grams hydrolized protein
- 5 grams vitC
- 5 grams creatine
- 30 grams carbs
- 10 grams free form bcaa

Post Workout Shake

Ingredients:
250ml skim milk
1 banana
3-4 large strawberries
2 large scoops of Jalina low fat vanilla yoghurt
2 large scoops light creamed cottage cheese
1 scoop Oatmass
1 scoop of protein powder
1 handful of ice cubes.

Method: Add entire contents to blender. Start blender and while in operation, add a dash of honey. (adding the honey this way ensures it mixes properly and not stick to the insides of the blender)

Very filling and very tasty.

Feel free to chop and change fruit combos as you wish.

Breaky choc- banana for fast breakfasting

Skim milk 375 ml
Frozen banana
Choc WPI scoop
Squirt of flax seed oil
Half a cup of all bran

2 scoops BN natty WPC

hand full of mixed fozen berries

water

Will also be trying

Frozen waterlemon with natty WPC

cocoa, cinimon and stevia

So many things you can do with the natural flavours.

Also can make a banaa icecream:

1 frozen banana- Must be very ripe

1 scoop WPC

Belnd

= banna ice cream at its best